Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Google Unveils Hybrid Car That Plugs Straight Into Grid

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Site Founder
Default Google Unveils Hybrid Car That Plugs Straight Into Grid

Not content with seeking to control the information super-highway, Google wants to influence what kind of car you drive.
The online search company has unveiled a new, hyper-advanced model of hybrid car that can be charged directly from the grid, and, when its battery is not in use, the stored electricity can be sold back to the utility company.
The result of the technology will delight Hollywood’s carbon-battling, hybrid-driving activists, such as Leonardo DiCaprio. A standard Toyota Prius gets about 45mpg; a converted plug-in Google Prius gets more than 70mpg.
Google says that by selling electricity back to the grid the cars can ease peak electricity demand – during heatwaves, for example – which is often met by emergency power from some of America’s dirtiest coal-burning power plants.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285361,00.html

Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Google Unveils Hybrid Car That Plugs Straight Into Grid

Not content to *control* what you read on the internet, they want to *control* what you drive. Sounds like Faux News to me. Bleh!!
No one controls what I read on the internet, if I don't want to read it I don't. But google is a superior web browser. If they want to make a superior hybrid so much the greater. We can use more good hybrids and a plug in would be wonderful esp with R&D paid for by Google.

I don't mean to shoot the messenger, thanks for posting.

--des

Old 07-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

lol des,

Your post cracks me up. If you don't like google here is a hint:

don't type www.google.com into your browser lol
There are TONS of other search engines you can use, how in the WORLD do you figure google is controlling what you read if you simply don't go on their website to search.

Talk about paranoia!

geesh
08FEH

Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm glad you enjoy my humor. But I LOVE google. Before google you had some topic and you wanted to research it you went to 7-8 browsers and *maybe* (but usually not) you got something. I not only know of other browsers I could name them: excite, ask jeeves (now ask.com-- drek),
altavista, etc. that's more than most of you 20 year olds will ever know.
:-)

And yes, I like the causes google supports with its zillions of dollars, esp
plug-in hybrid technology.

And I would even love to work for google as they feed all their employees with gourmet food and you can use heated toilet seats with bidets.

Maybe you are confusing me with Faux news that proclaimed that google was trying to control what you read on the internet. The last search on google got me 1 million hits so it is a little hard to control anything at this point. And I did say it is a superior browser-- way way way superior, and personally costs me nothing.

I think I forgot to put this line in quotes but it quotes the article from Faux news: "Not content to *control* what you read on the internet, they want to *control* what you drive. " Sorry for the confusion.

--des

Originally Posted by 08FEH
lol des,

Your post cracks me up. If you don't like google here is a hint:

don't type www.google.com into your browser lol
There are TONS of other search engines you can use, how in the WORLD do you figure google is controlling what you read if you simply don't go on their website to search.

Talk about paranoia!

geesh
08FEH

Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

WHEW!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding! As I read your post I must have been listening to that old tune by rockwell " I always feel like sombody's watching me" .........

LOL

08FEH

Old 07-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

My fault really as you can't exactly put tone of voice on an internet quote. Apparently on some other forum I wrote the word 'evile" which someone else enjoyed. I was on a tear last night, no doubt. :-)

--des

Originally Posted by 08FEH
WHEW!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding! As I read your post I must have been listening to that old tune by rockwell " I always feel like sombody's watching me" .........

LOL

08FEH