Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Honda to stay with Insight, but no SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Site Founder

Honda Motor Co. has no plans to remodel the poor-selling Insight hybrid.

But it has no plans to kill the two-seater, either, says President Takeo Fukui, because it is the most fuel-efficient car sold in the United States.

"That's an image car with the top fuel economy," he says.

The Insight's U.S. November sales numbered only 5, down from 39 a year earlier. For the 11 months of last year, Honda sold only 575 Insights, a plunge from 1,124 in the year-ago period.

View entire article here.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Site Founder

5 stinkin' cars?? (!!!)

Old 01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

prius stole the market

Old 01-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It would have been 6 if I didn't need 5 seats!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:03 PM

Hi Jason:

___Some of us Insighter’s have made comments on the topic entitled “Honda to stay with slow-selling Insight, says no hybrid SUV” in another forum. I of course do not take the article as a positive sign myself given the discussion of non-hybrid SUV’s from Honda.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Aw, nuts. I was really hoping that Honda would have a hybrid version of the Element. That seems like a good car for a hybrid -- the people buying it are already willing to be "off the beaten path" from a styling standpoint.

I was hoping to be a two-hybrid family: the HCH for my commute and some trips, and a hybrid Element for vacations, distant soccer tournaments, moving my daughter's belongings to/from college, etc.

I'm hoping that the Honda guy either misspoke, or was taken out-of-context, or maybe is playing sly with the market? I'm REALLY hoping that Honda is not seriously stopping their hybrid line at the Insight, Civic, and Accord.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Site Founder

Is it possible that the mild hybrid approach is not completely compatible with SUVs? At least, it would not accomplish fuel economy goals?

Old 01-04-2005, 06:43 PM

What happened to the RXH? Or maybe there not considering it an SUV (one can only hope)
Cheers,
Steven

Old 01-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Site Founder

Do you mean the Lexus RX400h?

Old 01-05-2005, 02:00 PM

Jason,
No, i think I may be mistaken on the terminology though. But it was an SUV like offering from Honday that was supposed to get a hybrid system, there was a link in an earlier post by Wayne i believe. I'll see if I can find it.
Cheers,
Steven

Quick Reply: Honda to stay with Insight, but no SUVs

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands