Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Hybrid car enthusiasts plan to achieve 100 mpg

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Site Founder
Default Hybrid car enthusiasts plan to achieve 100 mpg

Four hybrid car enthusiasts who met online [at GreenHybrid!] will try to achieve a record of sorts. Dave Bassage of Walton, W.Va., Dan Kroushl of Pittsburgh, Rick Reece of Greenville, S.C., and Wayne Gerdes of Chicago, want to get the highest gas mileage ever recorded in the Toyota Prius - 100 miles per gallon.
http://www.timesleader.com/mld/times...s/12312372.htm

Old 08-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Default Re: Hybrid car enthusiasts plan to achieve 100 mpg

And yet they don't report in. Too busy talking to the Press it seems

Just kidding guys and good luck!

Old 08-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Tbaleno:

___I just arrived into Pittsburgh about 3 hours go. It was raining for much of my drive out but it looks like we might have good weather here for the rest of the weekend? My fingers are crossed.

___I took one more shot at the course just to make sure given the new added segment from my test runs a few weeks ago. So far, no problems have come up. My own RT practice segment resulted in a nice 44.3 Km/L showing on the SuperMid which is equivalent to 104.2 mpg for the RT. Results from last night had Rick Reese hitting a 103.x RT segment on his first run without a stitch of practice other then Dan showing him the route! Dave nailed a 101.x mph RT run on his first go around with 3 in Dan’s Prius II last night. The real wild one came from Dan himself who nailed down an eye opening 104.7 mpg RT with Rick, Dave, and himself in the car and the windows rolled down! If the weather holds out as predicted, Dave and I will lose a little FE in the night shifts but hopefully maintain the 100 + mpg average for Rick and Dan to nail it shut during the day segments.

___I have to go as Dave is with Ellen and Rosie right now. That leaves some time for Rick and I to go get a bite.

___I will update quite a bit more this evening once we are all together and the “Marathon Attempt” begins.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Old 08-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Yippie! Bon Apetite.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good luck guys! Let your driving fly in the face of todays "Oil prices settle at new record". If there is such thing as 'birthday luck', I give my 21st to you all.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Their plan: to fill up the gas tank of a Prius and dive nonstop until the tank is empty.
Man...i hope ya'll get atleast one 10 pointer...i dont know how ya'll are going to get it out of the pool though. lol...oh the joys of typo's. Best of luck fella's i think ya'll can do it.