Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Nissan to Add Fuel-Efficient Cars as Gas Prices Surge

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Site Founder
Default Nissan to Add Fuel-Efficient Cars as Gas Prices Surge

Nissan Motor Co., after reviving U.S. sales with large trucks and high-powered engines, will add more fuel-efficient cars next year and may follow with diesel-engine models, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said. Nissan, Japan's second-largest automaker, in September 2006 will introduce a car smaller than the Sentra compact for the U.S., as well as a new Sentra, Ghosn said in an interview in New York yesterday. A gasoline-electric hybrid version of the Altima sedan will come later in the year. The Sentra is produced in Mexico, and the new model will also be built in North America, said Ghosn, 51. He didn't specify a plant.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a1IkSfRoirTY

Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be
Default Re: Nissan to Add Fuel-Efficient Cars as Gas Prices Surge

The Altima hybrid has been announced for some time, I can't wait until next summer to get a chance to see it in person. If the $35K price tag is true, it will drive me away. If I can get it in the mid-20's, I will probably bite.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Proudest Monkey

I'm sort of surprised to see Nissan introducing Diesels, especially since several of our states ban their sales. It's nice to see Nissan looking into hybrids, though. I don't know of too many people who have regretted buying their Nissan due to reliability issues. Hopefully their hybrids will be as bullet-proof as their old pickups...

Old 09-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast

The Buzz is that Nissan will be building it's Altima Hybrid in it's new plant being built in Kentucky; scheduled to be producing cars in/for the 2007 model year.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is Mexico part of N.A. as far as ghosn is concerned ?

Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be

Here is the altima hybrid press release from nissannews.com back in June