Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Nissan Unveils Hybrid Altima Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Site Founder

Nissan today unveiled a prototype of the 2007 Altima Hybrid, a hybrid vehicle based on the Altima mid-size sedan. The car is scheduled to be launched in 2006 for the US market.

Featuring the unique combination of Nissan\'s four-cylinder gasoline engine and new hybrid system components supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation, the Altima Hybrid is a new generation hybrid vehicle, which achieves the acceleration performance of V6 engines with fuel efficiency higher than compact cars.

View entire article here.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I don’t know where you picked that one up as it wasn’t on my radar screen? I knew Nissan licensed Toyota’s first gen HSD (I believe it was the first generation?) a few months back but I didn’t realize they had something in the works for release this quickly?

___Thanks for the link.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Site Founder

http://www.nissannews.com/
I actually was notified by Google News, though. Set up an alert for "-rice hybrid". It appears there's a lot of news talking about hybrid rice. Like I care!

Old 06-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wayne,
Nissan licenced use of the THS (Toyota Hybrid System) I believe; it is the same system that apears in the Escape Hybrid and the Prius Gen I.

Jason,
I think I'll just shoot myself the first time I see a hybrid with a fart cannon hooked onto the back. I know that there is a time and a place for fart cannons, but hybrids just arent one of the yet.