Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Porsche eyes Toyota technology for hybrid SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Site Founder

Germany luxury carmaker Porsche is studying whether to build a hybrid version of its Cayenne sport utility vehicle using a Toyota Motor powertrain, Automobilwoche reported on Monday.

A Porsche spokesman confirmed to Reuters it was studying a hybrid version of the Cayenne but would not give more details.

Should current feasibility studies work out, Porsche would adopt the 270 horsepower petrol-electric powertrain to be used in the Lexus RX 400h SUV, Automobilwoche reportedly said, citing a Porsche source. The RX 400h, based on the Lexus RX 330, is set to go on sale in the United States in December.

View entire article here.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Site Founder

No article to post, yet, but my latest news alerts have informed me that Porshe and Toyota have reached an agreement.