Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Saturn Announces Saturn Vue Hybrid Tax Credit

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:51 PM
CarsDirect Staff
Default Saturn Announces Saturn Vue Hybrid Tax Credit

The new Green Line version of the Saturn Vue will entitle owners to a $650 tax credit, Saturn GM Jill Lajdziak announced Tuesday. Speaking at the Motor Press Guild in Los Angeles, Lajdziak also indicated that the "hybrid price premium" would be only a couple of thousand dollars, lower than the amount other automakers charge for hybrids vs. comparable models or trims.
http://www.carsdirect.com

Old 07-11-2006, 06:07 PM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: Saturn Announces Saturn Vue Hybrid Tax Credit

hahhaha and the lowest tax offer of them all, then again they came a bit too late to the game before the taxes are phased out...

Old 07-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

That doesn't make any sense. Given that GM has no hybrid car sales so far to qualify against the cap, coming late to the party may help them more in the long term.

Which is unlike Toyota's situation. Since they've already hit the cap and will probably be forced to offer discounts to hybrid car buyers to offset the tax savings other manufacturers will be getting.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Of course, GM "announces" all kinds of things. Does the Saturn Vue Hybrid even really exist yet? Or is this still a "We're Gonna" product?

Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
Of course, GM "announces" all kinds of things. Does the Saturn Vue Hybrid even really exist yet? Or is this still a "We're Gonna" product?
Call me crazy, but I think it really exists. I look forward to seeing how it does in the database and reading everybody's reviews. Are there any people here who plan on buying one?

Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The Vue will use the Belt-Alternator-Starter system. It has limited assist and regen capabilities, but will autostop like any other hybrid. It should manage a modest increase in gas mileage, but nothing all that exciting.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

A modest increase in mpg is nice, but the premium price is lower for this hybrid. So you're getting hybrid functionality with the start-stop with a better impact on the environment than most SUVs without such a steep cost. That's why it's exciting.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Prius geek

I'm not so sure the Saturn Vue Hybrid (VueHy?) really addresses the emission part of hybrids. I mean, sure, the MPG is 10% better, but only the CO2 (MPG-based, use less pollute less) emissions will be decreaesd. What about NOx and the like? Any specific clean-engine tech, like the Atkinson-Miller Prius cycle? Anyone help me out here. Will it be a SULEV or better? For ALL states?

I'm of the mindset, you pay less you get less. I feel in buying a Prius you get much more dollar for dollar. My opinion. And I'll have to drive the VueHy to really have a better viewpoint. That's just it, WHEN??