Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Toyota decides to give natural-gas cars another chance

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Site Founder
Default Toyota decides to give natural-gas cars another chance

Toyota will announce today that it is taking a new look at an alternative fuel that it had left behind: compressed natural gas.
And Honda, the only maker now of a CNG-powered car, plans to make twice as many of those environmentally friendly Civics for the U.S. in 2009 as it did last year.

Toyota says it will display a concept version of a CNG-electric hybrid Camry at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. Though it has made no commitment to production, the unveiling is tied to a burst of renewed interest.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...4-toyota_N.htm

Old 10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Toyota decides to give natural-gas cars another chance

I would like to know if natural gas could be used as feedstock for coal conversion to liquid fuel. The issue being how much energy is lost in the conversion. I don't care for the energy density of natural gas unless it is liquid. Then it is a great rocket fuel.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 10-06-2008 at 11:02 PM.