Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Toyota to introduce concept hybrid pickup truck at Detroit show

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Site Founder
Default Toyota to introduce concept hybrid pickup truck at Detroit show

The A-BAT, a four-passenger compact pickup, features lightweight carbon-fiber materials and solar panels, Toyota's U.S. sales unit in Torrance, California, said in an e-mailed statement. There are currently no plans to build and sell the truck, said Mike Michels, a company spokesman in Torrance.

Toyota, the world's largest maker of gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles, plans to show the truck after industry wide U.S. sales of large pickups fell 3 percent in the first 11 months of this year, as gasoline prices rose and a housing recession cut demand for trucks used by building contractors.
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=160199

Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota to introduce concept hybrid pickup truck at Detroit show

I saw that article too! I really miss my old pickup and wouldn't mind getting the truck. Hope they make it look better.