Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

VW to offer hybrid version on all future new models

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Site Founder
Default VW to offer hybrid version on all future new models

Volkswagen AG is planning to offer versions of all its upcoming new models with full and partial hybrid engines, Ulrich Hackenberg, head of product development at the automaker told Automobilewoche magazine. In doing so, VW will become the second automaker after DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz to place particular importance on more fuel-efficient and environmentally-friendly cars, the magazine said.
http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...fx4146594.html

Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Researcher
Cool Re: VW to offer hybrid version on all future new models

Interesting development. My 1975 Rabbit got 35-45 MPG depending on if I had it cornering on 3 wheels (35 MPG) or going 55 on 4 wheels (45 MPG). I am hearing Dreyer & Reinbold's VW ads for their new models which get a whopping 30 MPG highway!! Hey my old Bonneville got that, my Corolla is rated at 38.

It would be nice to see the Germans look at hybrid technology. Look at the absolute genious that was put into making the BMW 745 engine with the no throttle valve train and the variable ram air intake manifold. That engine is the most advanced engine since the Napier Deltic.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: VW to offer hybrid version on all future new models

Sounds like vaporware to me (or many years off), but I would love to see some of that german design combined with hybrid technology!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: VW to offer hybrid version on all future new models

farfeghybrid