Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

World's First Hybrid SUV Sold In San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by xcel@Sep 21st 2004 @ 7:56 PM
___What I am getting at is hopefully the average Escape HEV owner will achieve at least EPA combined estimates but these numbers are so far below what is possible from this type of vehicle it makes me cringe at the thought of the average hybrid driver purchasing one to save fuel and then proceeding to achieve the fuel economy anyone with a bit of game gauge training could achieve in just about anything let alone what someone could receive in a Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, or heaven forbid, the regular and much less expensive std. 4 cylinder Escape which Ford conveniently excluded the PZEV HW in
I agree entirely...We need some kind of nation-wide gas saving education program in drivers ed or something. My moms Taurus for example...I acheive 25 MPG in ONLY city driving almost every time I drive it...but her on the other hand, how has no knowledge about tricks to save gas milage or anything of the sort, gets about 17 MPG in city AND highway mixed :blink:

If people only knew what simple and non intrusive things they could do to save gas...the average person would be saving 20%ish gas milage...thus making the EPA figures look a little less exagerated(sp?).