Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Anyone in Chicago interested in getting together ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone in Chicago interested in getting together ?

Hi all,

I just brought my HCH 2006 home this week, and found this great forum !!

I wondered if anyone in Chicago would like to get together somewhere in the Metro area for Sunday brunch, or something like that, to chat and share their experiences.

I know I'm going to have new skills to learn !!

Springkitten

Old 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in Chicago interested in getting together ?

Michelle, I know a few people in the area have hybrids and would prob be interested in a get together of some sorts. Getting everyone together schedule wise might be hard but i would be interested, Keep me posted. Dean

Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 PM

I might be able to do a Sunday brunch. I would feel obligated to take my wife though since she couldn't go with me when I met Civic Duty and Xcel yesterday. She deserves to get out of the house and a good meal once and a while.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast

I think anyone willing to listen to several hours of Hybrid discussion should be most welcome to come along !!

I should warn you, though, I do get on my soapbox about the environment

Maybe it will be the start of the Chicago Hybrid Club

Does anyone have a good place in mind, or any meal preferences ? I'll set something up.

spring

Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 PM

Be warned. I lean right But I don't generaly get on a soap box. I'd be careful if I were you. Organizing this may put you as the lead candidate for starting the Chicago hybrid group

Maybe we should see who is around and where would be convenient. I'm in Chicago near Evanston.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Brains of the Operation

By the way Tom, it was great to meet you and Wayne. Next time I'm up in Chicago, maybe we could do a mini hybrid driving clinic. Or you could give me one of the subs from your trunk if you're looking to downsize. Just kidding - I don't want to haul around that extra weight - those things are massive!

The trip down South to Atlanta was good; I just got in now. I should have filled up in Chicago so I could have done the entire drive on one tank - that's bragging rights. As it is, I got from Indianapolis to Atlanta on one tank with at least enough left over to get me 3 hrs east to Columbia tomorrow morning. Again, nice meeting you and I hope you can get some people in the Chicago area together as well.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:42 PM

It was great meeting you as well. I'm usualy not good with new people so I hope I didn't come accross to aloof or anything. Actualy you might have done well by not getting gas in IL. We are using the winter blend so your mpg might have been worse. I don't think indiana has a winter blend so you probably have decent gas in your tank.

Remember mark your calendar for July 22nd (I think) for the hybrid fest event eric is trying to put together near Madison WI.