Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Arizona Hybrid Owners??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Arizona Hybrid Owners??

Inspired by a recent thread, I thought I would start this one to see who all lives in AZ...more specifically, the Phoenix Metro area.

(I live in Mesa, and work in North Scottsdale and South Chandler.)

Old 02-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Auto Enthusiast
Default Re: Arizona Hybrid Owners??

Brotherknight,
my sister lives in Mesa, near 202 route, I live in Wash. DC and visit, seeing no hybrids around. I am use to Prius and Insights, but the elements around Phoenix would pose different problems than here in DC. I am a hi tire pressure advocate, I have my own mount/dismount machine, electronic balancer, so I switch tires like people do shirts. search out the RLL tire site for brands that give better value. I am interested in hearing how you handel the extremes of the Phoenix environment.

Bill

Old 02-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSCampbell
Brotherknight,
my sister lives in Mesa, near 202 route, I live in Wash. DC and visit, seeing no hybrids around. I am use to Prius and Insights, but the elements around Phoenix would pose different problems than here in DC. I am a hi tire pressure advocate, I have my own mount/dismount machine, electronic balancer, so I switch tires like people do shirts. search out the RLL tire site for brands that give better value. I am interested in hearing how you handel the extremes of the Phoenix environment.

Bill
Yeah, I live near the 202 as well.

I have only had my HCHII for a few days now, so I can't really give you any useful information at the time being...but I will when I get some more time and miles under my belt.

(What is the RLL tire site that you mentioned?)

Old 02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you miss the thread about the Phoenix hybrid meet? Or weren't you a member at the time?

I have no idea who's coming or going anymore. I've been so wrapped up with working full-time and going to school full-time that I haven't been spending that much time on this forum lately. So if I missed your intro, sorry... and...

Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Did you miss the thread about the Phoenix hybrid meet? Or weren't you a member at the time?

I have no idea who's coming or going anymore. I've been so wrapped up with working full-time and going to school full-time that I haven't been spending that much time on this forum lately. So if I missed your intro, sorry... and...

Yeah, I must have missed it...I have only been a member for three days.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Struggler at large

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm now a phonecian as well (transplant from Massachusetts). I live in Gilbert and work in Chandler.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

I should be in Chandler soon. Hopefully July.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm also in Phoenix, 51 & 101 and also a transplant from MA (in 1988).

Welcome to the Green Hybrid!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:37 PM

We are still here. We had a nice get together a couple of months back. Maybe we'll do it again soon and make it a bi-annual thing. We got to meet bar10dah and he is really busy. I didn't have mine at the time but I do now. I wouldn't mind including gbl102 since I almost bought an Escape before the Civic. One of these days I need to do the test drive.

We live near the 101/51 intersection. Extremes ... what extremes?!? It's in the 70s and beautiful!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by WSCampbell
Brotherknight,

Bill
My mother has a store in Rockville and I grew up in Silver Spring. I still get back there a couple of times a year. I still like the area but hate the weather. Where in Rockville are you?

Quick Reply: Arizona Hybrid Owners??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands