Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Battery Beach Burnout Miami Jan 25-26

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Vegetarian
Default Battery Beach Burnout Miami Jan 25-26

Originally Posted by FLEAA
“Battery Beach Burnout” is a two-day event organized by the Florida Electric Auto Association (FLEAA). It will be held in Miami, Florida this year at Countyline Dragway on January 25th and 26th, 2008. The event consists of multiple competitions involving electric vehicles, including a drag race, scooter-cross, auto-cross and a show-n-shine event.

As the premier annual electric vehicle event in the Southeast, the purpose of Battery Beach Burnout is to attract the public and media in order to raise awareness of the current state of electric vehicle technology and promote their expanded use to meet our transportation needs.

Battery Beach Burnout is one of several electric vehicle-related competitions held across the each year. These types of events have been held for more than seven years. Similar competitions of high school and university teams have been held for more than a decade (EV Challenge, HEV Challenge, FutureCar, Electrathon, etc.).

Schedule of Events:

Friday January 25th

EV Drag Racing from 6PM till midnight, Midnight Madness type event. The drag race takes place at Countyline Dragway in Miami, Florida, and is sanctioned by NEDRA, the National Electric Drag Racing Association.

Saturday January 26th

The following events take place at Countyline Dragway again (9:00AM to 4:00PM)

- EV Scootercross
- EV Show-N-Shine
- EV Autocross
I went last year and had a lot of fun. I got to drive a RAV4EV through the autoslalom. Unfortunately it's farther away from me this year, but I'll still be there. Hope some of you can make it.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Battery Beach Burnout Miami Jan 25-26

I would love to be there. It's kind of far for me ( how would I justify using all that gas?) But I have actually seen clips from that on TV in years past.

I saw that H.S. students are actually involved to some degree. H.S. shop classes, etc convert std. cars to EV cars.

If you could takes lots of pictures and/or video and share, that would be really really cool. Thanks!

-John

Old 01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Vegetarian

My camera decided to tell me it had copied my pictures when it hadn't so I deleted most of them. Here's what I was left with. Sorry guys and gals.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Energy Independence

Excellent. Thanks for those pics, Katie! (And, sorry for your camera's hiccup.)