Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 05:44 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida** Green Hybrid Showing?

Hello Everyone. There is a car show in Ft. Walton Beach on October 29th. I will be going to it with both my hybrids and I hope there are some people would like to take advantage by attending for "Hybrid Awareness" for the rest of the world. Of course they don't have a "Hybrid Car" catagory but if they get more than 4 or 5 cars they'll make sure there is a seperate catagory for us and make sure we have "seperate" parking - Last year I entered my El Camino and got a few others to attend and they gave us our own catagory. ALSO there is a $150 prize for Best Club Particapation - hint hint - nudge nudge - wink wink - That would be some nice cash to donate towards the site.

Soooo, there are already my 2 cars entered - '00 Insight and an '03 HCH. Any takers in the area willing to give it a go? It's in a nice location too on the water.

Here's a link to the pre-entry form:
http://www.hurlburt.af.mil/basewide/...hure_email.pdf

Also here's a link to the show in general, has some pictures from last years show:
http://www.hurlburt.af.mil/basewide/.../cruisein.html

On my entry I put #41 Hybrid Car for catagory - As far as club affiliation.....Green Hybrid sounds like a cantidate. I don't have a Green Hybrid shirt, I'll have one of my Insight shirts. If enough people are willing to attend I can make a decent '2 x '4 banner that I'd be happy to send to Jason once the show is over - also I'd need his permission before making such a banner.

Any takers?

Last edited by rigger; 09-10-2005 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Rigger-

I'm definitely considering the trip. I'm all for pumping out those hybrids next to an SUV or a muscle section; just hope they don't ask us to turn the engine on, it'd kill me to watch the display drop by the minute as the poor thing idles. It's a sizeable drive for us FL East-Coasters but since it's a Saturday then I might just have to. Would give me a chance to try out my new HOV sticker I just applied for down I-10 too.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:09 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

They won't ask to turn the engine on. I was just shooting for some sort of hybrid gathering.

"Earth Day" last April was supposed to have a special hybrid parking section. I suppose that went through like a fart in...well...uh, you know what I mean. There was a FEH, an HCH, a Prius I, and a Prius II there. I had cleaned my HCH up to better than showroom condition and they only had those few spots so I was out of luck, plenty of hybrids in the parking lot. The sad thing about the hybrids that were there was they were filthy. The FEH was clean but that was it. The Prius II was even riding on a near flat tire.

Hopefully we can get some cars together. I'm going to try to hit up a few of the die-hard local hybrid owners (like the members of this site) to show up. Of course there is the $20 entry that quite a few people have difficulty parting with. Plus I haven't met anyone that it is a deep passion, they just own one.

As far as using the HOV sticker. I don't think there is a city busy enough between us that even has an HOV lane. The plus, it'll be getting cool enough where you can go without A/C comfortably.

Either way, I WILL have both of mine there. As of right now there isn't even an official hybrid section but if they have enough pre-entrants (5 I think is their limit) I know they will make one.

Whoever shows up, and enters, I'll foot the bill for your burger lunch. (or fries if you don't eat meat, that's OK ) Last year had a nice selection of food.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:42 PM

I think it would definitely be fun, and the $20 is really just the saved gas money I'd make from driving the HCH from Jax instead of any number of other models sure to be there, so I'm not too concerned about entry. For me, it'll all come down to making sure I can get away for a day and maybe Sat. night, and if I can, I will.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Smile Re: Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

I may be able to make it, I will need to check my schedule as it gets closer.

Sounds like a cool event. It would be a nice weekend getaway.

Regards,

Old 09-17-2005, 03:45 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

GREAT if everyone can make it! Love to see another HCH and Insight, a cool choice of colors.

Love to see a Prius I & II show as well as an FEH too. I'd give my left....uh...ear if an HCH II can show up too.

The event organizers are trying their best to make it a family event. I haven't had a hand in helping organize the show but in a few weeks I have a few ideas to help make it a bit more fun as well, as the show nears I should have a bit more involvemnet. There are lots of cool car show games I know of - Piston Toss, Timing Chain throw etc. Also I'm bringing my fueled by gravity die-cast car race track for kids (adults welcome!!!) Oh, last year they had cool door prizes too.

They'll give us a hybrid class yet, that $150 club particapation would be nice too. May help the site if it needs it. $$$.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:18 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Not sure if I'll make it with the HCH to the show. Wife got hit the other day by someone. Not too bad, but bad enough it'll be in the shop a few days to get fixed. I plan to have a ding and scratch fixed at the same time though.

Hopefully it'll be out in time.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:02 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Countdown is 12 days.

Is there anybody that can make it? They said they would create a Hybrid Car class IF enough cars show so we can park the hybrids together. It would really be nice to get a Prius II, Prius I, and FEH to show. I've got the Insight and may have my HCH if it's out of the body shop. Multiples of all makes of course are welcome, it would be nice to meet some other people that are enthusiastic about their cars. (honked at a HCH today after going beside her, then behind her for 5 miles and I think the lady thought I was nuts)

Old 10-27-2005, 04:52 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

No enthusiastic hybrid owners around my area?

The body shop is cutting it to the line on my HCH so my Insight might have to go it alone, I hate to break out the Vette for this instead, it's a beater and a getting a bit unsafe. HCH still hasn't gone into paint yet BUT they are fixing all my little nicks for me----no charge! Hopefully I pick it up tomorrow afternoon and detail tomorrow night.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Let us know how the turnout is, Rigger. I wish I could be there but I'm unable to get away this weekend. Have fun!

Quick Reply: Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands