Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Chicago ROLL CALL

Old 01-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Default Chicago ROLL CALL

Just to get an idea who is in the chicago area willing to participate in get togethers and general location I'm putting together this roll call.

Respond with a general area. For instance mine is north side near Evanston.

This will help anyone organizing an event to know where to locate it to be easiest for the majority to get there.

If your willing to participate in events but don't want to give your location that's okay too. Just post to let us know you're interested.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Chicago ROLL CALL

I'm south of the loop...Bridgeport/Chinatown area...close to where I-90/I-94 meets I-55.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

Right now I'm between Roscoe Village and Bucktown. I may be moving to +- Irving Park later in the year.
There's great Dim Sum in Chinatown, by the way...seating for lots of people and parking too.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Post Re: Chicago ROLL CALL

Far western suburbs. How did I miss this thread? So far it's not a long list - I thought there were more of us around here. Not that I see too many hybrids on the roads- maybe once a week? A bit more?

Last night I was at a political event where a couple of Congressional candidates said they wanted to support legislation to subsidize research into developing hybrid cars, because 'it could be as soon as next year!' They probably didn't mean it like that, but it made me want to yell out, "Next year? Mine is out in the lot right now!" I wonder if you'd hear something like that in a place where there were more hybrids.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Anyone heading up to the milwuakee hybrid group meeting saturday? It seems from the location to be about 1/2 hour closer than milwaukee. So from the north side of chicago about an hour to 1 1/2 hour drive.

They were probably talking about GM bringing out a hybrid. I think their statments clearly show to whom they talk.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Wow i just found this...im in Woodstock, by Crystal Lake and Rockford.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Contributor ($)

Well, if you just found this thread, pehaps you may have missed the thread about Hybridfest which is this weekend in Madison, Wisconsin.

There will be hybrid owners there from all over the country and It's right in your back yard! Hope to see you there!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast

OMG yea i saw that like 2 days ago and it sucks cuz i have to work. If i knew bout it earlier i would have taken time off or sumthing. Man! when is the next one?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Contributor ($)

Sorry. You'll have to wait another year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicago ROLL CALL

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands