Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

ChicagoPriusGroup at College of DuPage 6-09-2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default ChicagoPriusGroup at College of DuPage 6-09-2007

Hello Everyone,

It's time for our first of the year ChicagoPriusGroup outreach event to the public. This will be June 9, 2007 on the campus of the College of DuPage, 425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL. The event is called "Sustainable Living in the Suburbs" and details are available at www.sustaindupage.blogspot.com. The event runs from 9:00AM-3:30PM and is free to the public. The organizers are looking forward to our participation.

We are looking for Prius/other hybrid owners to come out and display your vehicles and talk to the public. You do not have to open your vehicles unless you want to and we will not be giving test drives (even if you want to). Many people have misconceptions about hybrids. Having the chance to talk to owners is a great help in dispelling myths and misinformation. You don't have to know technical details of the car beyond what you already know, most people just want to know; does it drive like a real car, does it really get good MPG, when do you have to replace the battery (and how much), is there extra maintenance and where do you plug it in. If any technical questions come up, someone will be there from our group to answer, feel free to say you don't know but someone else does.

We will start setting up between 8:15AM-8:30AM and we have to leave by 4:00PM at the latest. We are looking for owners to come out between those times. You don't have to stay all day, a few hours would be great. Of course while your at the event feel free to browse the exhibitors and speaker sessions, we need to learn too. We would like to get a head count of who is coming, what time you will be there and for how long. If you intend to come out, please respond back to chicagopriusgroup@highstream.net and let us know.

Wayne

Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Radioactive Enthusiast
Default Re: ChicagoPriusGroup at College of DuPage 6-09-2007

Is there a general idea about how many CPG members will be attending this event? I will be picking up my hybrid Thursday afternoon - yes, I know its an Escape Hybrid and not a Prius - but I think I should have some free time this Saturday to get down to DuPage (very near where I work, actually) and I'm interested in meeting up with other Hybrid drivers from the Chicago area, introducing myself, and learning about the best ways to get the most out of the new car.

If someone can please let me know what kind of Hybrid driver turnout there would be I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

-Andrew

Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ChicagoPriusGroup at College of DuPage 6-09-2007

I don't have access to the response list but you are more than welcome to come out with us. While the group is the ChicagoPriusGroup we welcome all hybrids to our events. And the Ford Escape is a pretty nice hybrid, so come out and show it to everyone.

Wayne