Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

DFW hybrid gathering.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default DFW hybrid gathering.

Mods, could you please set this thread as a sticky? TIA.

Since there has been some interest noted in one of my other threads on Priuschat, I think it would be a great idea to set up a DFW area hybrid meet. I am looking at October 29th as a possible date. As I wish to actually attend this meeting since I'm setting it up, I would like to hold it in Grapevine, so I can stick around as long as possible, before having to report to work late in the afternoon.

There are two Quznos, a Sonic, and a Subway which all have large enough parking areas to hold an event. I am also open to any other possible suggestions for a gathering place. Attendees don't have to be from the DFW area. If yer lookin' for an excuse to take a little trip, then by all means, come on over.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Banned
Default Re: DFW hybrid gathering - Saturday Oct 29

Grapevine is near Lewisville and would be easy for me.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: DFW hybrid gathering.

I won't make this a sticky, but there aren't too many threads in this forum so you won't fall down the list, not to worry

Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributor ($)

Wolfman,
Good luck with your hybrid event! Persistence pays off. Just keep having them and people will come. We now have a decent amount of people in the Madison Hybrid Group but only a handful can regularly attend meetings. (We cover a large area.) No big deal, it's just fun to get together with whoever shows up.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:10 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Hey, I'll be there with my lil' green bean. Only problem is that it'll be around the Turkey Day time frame. Anyone meeting up around that weekend?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I might drive up there from Austin. Give us a maps.google.com link though.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Since nobody has suggested any alternatives, or voted up or down on any of my suggestions, I'm going to pick Sonic at the meeting place. Their lot is quite large, and they have a covered patio. I'll get a link up with a map shortly.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

The address for the Sonic is:

201 W. NORTHWEST HIGHWAY
GRAPEVINE, TX 76051
(817) 481-2711

I figure on being there from Noon to 3:30. There are two rows of parking that are away from the main building. There is additional parking across the street from the Sonic if needed.

It would be great to see a little bit of everything hybrid at this meet.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Wolfman:

___Good Luck with your event and I hope it is a huge success! Eric’s MHG meets are a joy to attend simply because it is great to actually meet, speak with, and put names to faces of those you have been corresponding with on almost daily basis in the various Hybrid forums around the net. DFW appears to have a decent hybrid following and with a little advertisement, you should have a good time indeed!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I wish I could make it ..

Have a great time, and post some pictures

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DFW hybrid gathering.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands