Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Fourth Annual Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Fourth Annual Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair

A member of the Chicagoland Prius group on Priuschat provided me with this link:
http://www.illinoisrenew.org/events/events.html

From their site:
"The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) supports sustainable energy development in Illinois. IREA provides hands-on opportunities for the Illinois public to learn about the benefits, potentials, and uses of renewable energy and energy-efficiency for our homes and businesses."

They are having their Fourth Annual Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair on Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14, 2005
Saturday from 9AM–6PM and Sunday from 9AM–5PM

The fair will take place in Oregon, IL which is South-West of Rockford, Illinois.

I will be contacting each member of the Chicagoland Prius group. If anyone from the Northern Illinois / Southern Wisconsin area is intersted in attending, post it here and perhaps we can caravan, park together, or just have a meet-and-greet when we get there.

The event coordinators asked for a count of anticipated hybrids. So here I will maintain a list of attendants and hopeful attendants:
Saturday 8/13
Garfoon

Sunday 8/14
Garfoon

Last edited by TonyPSchaefer; 07-29-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Fourth Annual Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair

Thanks for the info Tony! I have passed it on to the members and friends of the Madison Hybrid group. I don't think I'll be able to make this one, but we may have others who are interested.
I saw in your post on PriusChat that they are offering "special hybird parking area". That would be fun. I hope you get a lot of takers on this event.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

One of the guys over at Priuschat received this email from one of the organizers of the event.

******Begin Email*****

Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:00 PM
To: Helmke,Richard A
Subject: check in

Please pass this on to your fellow Prius owners.

When you arrive at the Energy Fair, please let the ticket takers know that you are with the Prius group. We will have an area marked off for you to park in.

Thank you.

Bob & Sonia Vogl
IREA (a non-profit corp.)
1230 E. Honey Creek Rd.
Oregon, IL 61061
(815) 732-7332
fax (815) 732-3347

the fourth annual
Illinois Renewable Energy & Sustainable Living Fair
Ogle County Fairgrounds, Oregon, IL
August 13th & 14th, 2005
"Illinois' premier energy fair"

*****End Email*****

Please note that the physical address given in the email is the home office of the IREA and not the location of the fair. The fair is at the Ogle County Fairgrounds.

Last edited by TonyPSchaefer; 08-09-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributor ($)

There is at least one Madison Hybrid Group member going. Tim is heading down from Janesville on Sunday to check out the noon hybrid car speaker. I passed the email info on to him. Thanks!