Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Isn't it interesting that when I went to purchase my Honda Civic, I had a difficult time finding a dealership with any in stock. Two dealerships said that they sell as fast as they come in, and if I wanted to put $$ down, I could get one in 6-8 weeks (and I would have to pay over invoice). This was for either a Civic or a Prius. Anyway, I eventually found what I was looking for and am satisfied. Are there any other Metro Detroiters who want to share their experiences? I have only seen two on the road this summer commuting back and forth to work. I know you are out there...

Old 08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

There was a Prius Owner looking for other Michiganers to get together for the Woodward Dream Cruise, Saturday August 20th.

They had said "If we get a whole bunch of us together we can make a statement and have some fun. Contact me if you want to caravan it and have some fun this summer."

Here is the person's web site

emilyjensen.net

It's not a civic owner but perhaps a starting point?

Old 08-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Yeah, a whole bunch of hybrids got together for the cruise, but there wasn't much meeting time and lots of people left and didn't come back afterwards, making networking hard.

I've wondered if it would be feasible to get a hybrid club in the metro-detroit area, but frankly, I don't want to do the work of getting one together.

I wore my greenhybrid.com hat, but I'm not sure if many people noticed it.

And of course, I got the shirt and the licence plate frame that I ordered at the same time yesterday.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Green Missionary

After I took delivery of my FEH, I wanted to get back to my summer place near Mackinaw City. I-75 was torn up, so I decided to take Telegraph north. Because of the Dream Cruise, I got channeled onto southbound Woodward.

I eventually got off and made my way north to join I-75. If I had know other hybriders were on Woodward, I would have enjoyed my experience more.

Perhaps if there is sufficient interest, some of us SEMI-Hy's (SouthEastern MIchigander Hybriders) can get together some evening or weekend afternoon. Maybe at Buddy's (corner of McNichols and Conant?).

Old 12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
reformed speed demon

since the detroit auto show (www.naias.com) is coming up in a month (jan 14-20) maybe we can plan a get together then and even hand out some greenhybrid stickers to people checking out new cars.

as for the pizza recommendation, my personal fave is niki's in greektown

Old 12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Green Missionary
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Doing something at the auto show sounds good. Does anyone know the rules about passing out stuff inside? (I'm not sure I want to stand outside in a Detroit winter - and besides, getting attention of those entering would be difficult and getting attention of those leaving might be too late!)

Niki's is okay, especially as it is a short Lionel (aka "People Mover")ride from the auto show. I've never tried their pizza - it would be interesting to compare to Buddy's.

It would be nice if we could get Toyota and Honda drivers as well, representing the current "Big Three" in hybrids. Perhaps if and when we get organized, there will be several more of all kinds?

My schedule for the winter term is evening classes four days a week. I would be available all day on Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's (with a little prior notice).

Old 12-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've been considering posting around to see if anyone would be interested in meeting at the North American International Auto Show, Michigan Natives or not, but I figured I'd wait a while, until we get closer, and with all hybrid owners.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Green Missionary

Rich, Courtney, and me at least. All of us FEH people.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:39 AM
reformed speed demon

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
Doing something at the auto show sounds good. Does anyone know the rules about passing out stuff inside? (I'm not sure I want to stand outside in a Detroit winter - and besides, getting attention of those entering would be difficult and getting attention of those leaving might be too late!)

Niki's is okay, especially as it is a short Lionel (aka "People Mover")ride from the auto show. I've never tried their pizza - it would be interesting to compare to Buddy's.
i don't think it would be a problem handing out stickers or flyers to people who were obviously looking at the hybrids (ford, toyota, honda...whatever). if needed, i might be able to talk my way into a press pass from one of the magazine at my office (publishing company). at the very least, we might be able to answer some 'real life' questions people have rather than just looking at the sticker info.

niki's has been my fave pizza for years, and i always take out-of-town friends there when possible. it is similar style to buddy's, but i think niki's has a bit thicker crust (always crispy!) and a bit more grease

Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Not to be a jerk or anything, but I wasn't really thinking about handing anything out, GH or hybrid, just a get together to meet some of the fellow board/hybrid owners and to enjoy the Auto show.

But, if that's what you want to do, that's fine, just don't be surprised if I'm a party pooper.

Quick Reply: Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands