Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Hybridfest Greenhybrid Get Together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Hybridfest Greenhybrid Get Together?

I haven't seen this mentioned, is there someplace all of those who are going to hybridfest from GH here are going to meet up? It may be nice to finally meet some of you.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
YA RLY.
Default Re: Hybridfest Greenhybrid Get Together?

Ice cream social maybe? Hopefully I will make it in time.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Well, if you see me, say hi!

Though I may not be in the best of moods, looks like I'll have to take the long way to get to hybridfest.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Contributor ($)

What? Did something happen with the ferry?

Old 07-21-2006, 07:05 AM

I expect he left for hybridfest already, but I think we will all have our screen names on our id tags. The ice cream social will be great because most of us will be there.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:13 AM
FEH Tsaritsa

Originally Posted by ericbecky
What? Did something happen with the ferry?
I think he was planning on taking the Lake Express, the high-speed ferry (2.5hrs., as opposed to the Badger, which takes 4hrs. to cross Lake Michigan), which docks in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, it fills up rather quickly - I think the capacity is ~45 cars - so he may not have been able to get a spot.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:09 AM
YA RLY.

I still have my spot on the ferry. I'll be leaving for home in 20 minutes. After a brief lunch I'll pack up and be on my way for HF!

Should arrive in Madison around 7:45pm central time.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Engineering first

Can anyone describe the MPG route and rules? Multiple Prius getting 99.9 MPG suggests a rather easy route.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Can anyone describe the MPG route and rules? Multiple Prius getting 99.9 MPG suggests a rather easy route. Bob Wilson
20.2 miles of gentle rolling hills in the rural area around Madison, WI. Much of the route was on 35-45 mph roads with little to no traffic, perfect for P&G. The fastest and most heavily trafficked area was a county highway (55mph) leading back towards town. There wasn't more than 200' variation in elevation according to the profile map provided at the MPG challenge tent. Not only was the route kind to Prius drivers, I got 117.4 mpg in a 5-speed Insight, warmed-up and with a full pack. Most people agreed that the route should be more chellenging and perhaps longer, but having such high numbers achieved the goal of getting hybrids some attention with all of the press on hand at Hybridfest.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
I haven't seen this mentioned, is there someplace all of those who are going to hybridfest from GH here are going to meet up? It may be nice to finally meet some of you.

Yes, past Pravus Prime! It's at the fest, under Tom and Terry's tent!

I had to take the long route because I wasn't able to secure passage on the Lake Express, but overall, it was a pretty pleasant drive, saved $200 (Ferry costs - long driving costs), and on the way back, stopped and saw Tutankhamun at the Chicago Field Museum.

It was a great experience, got some good MPGs, and got to meet lots of you fellow board members.

Quick Reply: Hybridfest Greenhybrid Get Together?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands