Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Madison Hybrid Group - Want to get together April 2? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/madison-hybrid-group-want-get-together-april-2-a-1660/)

ericbecky 03-25-2005 10:10 AM

Madison Hybrid Group - Want to get together April 2?

Madison, Wisconsin.

Calling all hybrid owners and anyone interested in hybrid cars. Prius, Civic, Accord, Insight, Escape, 400h and more.

Next Saturday morning April 2nd, from 10:00 -11:30 the Madison Hybrid Group will meet at the Greenway Station Starbucks in Middleton, Wisconsin.

We’ll have updates about upcoming hybrids and in addition to your own hybrid, there will be a hard-to-find Honda Accord Hybrid available for exploring.

Come share stories and tips, complain (or gloat) about high gas prices, as well as vent any frustrations about those pesky EPA mileage estimates. Even if you don’t own a hybrid car, but want to find out more about hybrid, please feel free to join us. Fun is guaranteed!

If you know you are coming, send me a private message, post a reply here, or email me at the address in my profile. That way we obtain a big enough table for our group.

See you there!

Eric Powers

Directions
Starbucks Middleton is on Greenway Blvd just west of the beltline. Past the McDonald’s and Denny’s. Here’s a map where you can create driving directions http://tinyurl.com/4fr2n

Starbucks Madison/Greenway Station
8310 Greenway Blvd.
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562

xcel 03-29-2005 07:26 PM

Hi Ericbecky:

___Great news! GreenAndBlue and I plan on showing up at the meet in his AH w/ NAVI this Saturday! Of course we do have a minimum goal of 44 mpg for the drive up but it is supposed to get colder and rain which as all of us know is a FE killer … Tell the other AH owner we will be gunning for him ;) While you are at it, tell the Prius II and HCH drivers we will be gunning for them too :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

GreenAndBlue 04-02-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Madison Hybrid Group - Want to get together April 2?

Wayne and I both wanted to thank Eric for arranging this meetup today. It was great to meet everyone, swap stories, exchange info, news & tips, and develop strategies for spreading user awareness & acceptance of hybrid technology.

I hope Eric posts the pics he took - the parking lot looked like 'Al's Used Prius Sales' ;) Not to mention all the Prius' (Prii ?) we saw on the way up and back (had to be 10 or so, mostly Gen II). Amazing. :omg: But the Hondas were well represented as well, between Insights and Accord Hybrids :D

Look forward to seeing all of you at the Brewers game later this summer!

Oh - and for those curious - Wayne and I managed to get a combined 41.7mpg from Gurnee, IL <> Middleton, WI (279mi round trip) in my HAH. More on this in a separate post :D

ericbecky 04-03-2005 09:46 AM

Re: Madison Hybrid Group - Want to get together April 2?

GreenandBlue,
Glad you could make the Madison Hybrid Group event. Iposted 8 pics from the event in the Share section.
MHG April 2005 pics

Enjoy!