Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Madison, WI area Event June 26 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/madison-wi-area-event-june-26-a-569/)

ericbecky 06-03-2004 11:17 AM

GreenHybrid.com Auto Group
Presents

Hybrid Car Events and Group Drive Saturday June 26th
Prairie du Sac/Sauk City and Merrimac, Wisconsin
Start time: 1:30 p.m.

Main Event
Drive – Ride – Eat

Visit the quaint town of Prairie du Sac for a group drive, including a ride across the Wisconsin River on the Merrimac Ferry. Continue the drive with a return trip to Sauk City, and end the afternoon with some delicious Culver’s Frozen Custard.

This event is open to all people who have an interest in hybrid cars;
Owners, Non-Owners, and Owners-in-Waiting.

There will be plenty of time for lively conversation and spirited discussion.

Come ready to share your experiences; as well learn something from others.

We will meet along the Wisconsin River at Graff Park in Prairie du Sac. After some discussion time, we will begin the drive to Merrimac.

Feel free to come to the Sauk City/Prairie du Sac area early, or stay late. Sauk City is hosting plenty of activities that day in honor of the village’s 150th Anniversary. There’s even a parade at noon.

Speaking of Parade…

Optional Event
Your Hybrid Vehicle in the Sauk City Parade!

Sauk City is having a parade with floats and more, and GreenHybrid.com Auto Group has reserved several slots for hybrid car owners. There are a limited number of parade slots available for our group, so reply early if you are interested in doing this.

Parade Theme: Sauk City Historical Timeline. Parade participants will be representing different era's of Sauk City's history, right up until Present Day.

Our hybrid vehicles are there to represent Present Day (as well as the Future).

For this optional event you would need to arrive at my home no later than XX:XX that morning so we can get to the parade staging area in time.
EDIT MADE JUNE 23RD: Plan on arriving at my home no later than 11:00 SHARP!

To attend any of the hybrid car events please RSVP by Wednesday June 23rd.

Please include
- The number of people attending
- The Color, Year and Model of your car. (i.e. Red 2002 Insight)

Also, please indicate whether you are interested in participating in:
- Only the Main Event, (Drive – Ride – Eat),
- Only the Parade or
- Both events.

Cost
The only cost involved is the cost of your late afternoon food at Culver’s in Sauk City. The ferry ride in Merrimac is free.

Directions (from West side of Madison/Middleton, WI)
Take Hwy 12 to the north until you reach Sauk City. (~16 miles from edge of Middleton.)
As you reach Sauk City there will be a bridge that crosses the Wisconsin River.
Take a right at the stoplights at the end of the bridge. You will now be on Water Street.
Follow Water Street 1.3 miles until you reach Graff Park on your right.
Park your car on Water Street near the Graff Park’s sign and benches.

NOTE: Graff Park is very small. It is a thin strip of land that runs parallel with the Wisconsin River. It’s really more of a stopping point where you can view the river than it is a true “park”.

If there is severe rain, this event will be cancelled and I will email all participants.

Please email me if you have additional questions.

We hope you can attend and look forward to seeing you there!

ericbecky 06-23-2004 07:50 PM

We are still in need of Prius representation for the Parade this Saturday. Please email or Private Message me if you are interested.

Also, please note that the meeting time for the Parade portion of the event has been changed to 11:00 Sharp!

Email me for details as to where to meet so we can get to the Parade staging grounds together.

ericbecky 06-28-2004 09:54 AM

What a great time!

Thanks to Robert and Tim for taking a trip to participate in the Sauk City 150th Birthday Parade. Heck, Tim made the trip all the way from Minnesota! Hybrids represented were the Civic, Prius II, and Insight.

We talked about hybrids. Exchanged information. Checked out each other's cars. Drove in the parade and threw candy to kids. (It's amazing how quickly you can toss out 5 lbs of candy!)

In addition to congratulating the city on 150 years, we put signs on the cars that identified the vehicle name and mpg. This lead to all sorts of comments as we rolled by. Most of the comments were about the incredible gas mileage, but there were lots of other comments, too.

- "What's that?"
- "I always wondered what those looked like!"
- "See, Honey. That's it.. that's what I'm talking about!"
- "I've gotta get one of those!"
- "Those wheel cover things are ugly!" (In reference to the Insight.)
- "Cool!"

Overall, I'm certain we brought awareness of hybrid cars to the community.

There were also few funny experiences while we waited for the parade to start.
- A woman said she was trying to get to the dealer to look at one and just hadn't had a chance. She asked if her 6 foot friend could try out the back seat to check it out for size. Tim, of course, obliged and the woman was very excited about it. She said she was going down to get on the Prius waiting list for sure!

- A group of GTO muscle car enthusiasts were at the parade and asked about the power in my Insight. A guy offered a buck if I could actually "light 'em up". In reference to the misconception that hybrids lack power. Of course, driving a 5 speed, it was no problem to burn a little rubber; so I did. Not the usual antics I would get involved it but it made for a good laugh for all.

Thanks again for participating. It was a lot of fun.

The next GreenHybrid.com auto Group event will probably be a picnic sometime in August. Stay tuned...