Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Michigan Roll Call (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/michigan-roll-call-5542/)

Pravus Prime 01-19-2006 09:48 PM

Michigan Roll Call

Just out of curiosity, how many Michiganders do we have here?

Sledge 01-20-2006 04:36 AM

Re: Michigan Roll Call

Here :P

Actually I'm not a Michigander. I'm a displaced Pennsylvanian :D

John M. Dwyer 01-20-2006 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sledge
Here :P

Actually I'm not a Michigander. I'm a displaced Pennsylvanian :D

Present. My dad was a DP (displaced Pennsylvanian), but I was born and bred in the Great Lakes State - since back when it was known as the Wolverine State!

I'm happy to see the term Michigander. A recent state administration officially changed the name for a MI resident to Michiganian - a term totally unacceptable to many of us!

Wbruff 01-23-2006 10:32 PM

Checking in for the Michigan delegation

John M. Dwyer 01-24-2006 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wbruff
Checking in for the Michigan delegation

Hi Bill,

Welcome.

Those of us who went to the NAIAS were speculating about a possible get-together, perhaps in the spring or summer. Are you interested?

nimhbug 01-24-2006 04:33 PM

i'm here too...tho *still* without my car, two weeks now! hopefully i'll have it back tomorrow :) one of the dashboard parts is listed as 'indefinitely backordered from ford,' but the body shop was able to locate the part today at a dealership in cincinnati. long story short, my lovely 4mo old FEH was broken into and scraped all to hell in the process. replacement parts on a brand spankin new vehicle are hard to come by apparently.

John M. Dwyer 01-24-2006 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by nimhbug
. . . replacement parts on a brand spankin new vehicle are hard to come by apparently.

I've heard similar stories from other new car owners - especially hybriders. My understanding - at least in Ford's case - is that they plan to use all produced parts in production unless specifically ordered for a replacement.

Congratulations on finding Cincinnati. I lost it some time ago and am glad that it is doing someone else some good.

Raven 01-30-2006 11:23 AM

Yo.... 2006 4WD Escape Hybrid here.

We should setup a weekend lunch sometime for the S.E. Michigan crowd.:)

Sledge 01-30-2006 11:32 AM

So many Escape Hybrid owning Michiganders here. If we have a BBQ sometime this summer we should call Bill Ford and invite him over for some steaks and hot dogs and hybrid talk :)

John M. Dwyer 01-30-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sledge
So many Escape Hybrid owning Michiganders here. If we have a BBQ sometime this summer we should call Bill Ford and invite him over for some steaks and hot dogs and hybrid talk

Yeah! I hope he doesn't come in an Expidition.

Despite the recent Chevvy ads, Motown really is Ford country.

So far we have six checking in:
Rich (Pravus Prime) -Thumb
Sledge - Saginaw
John - NW Detroit
Courtney (nimhbug) - Livonia
Bill (Wbruff)- Livonia
Raven - ??

I listed locations so it would be easy to see that finding a time and place for all of us isn't going to be easy. I had originally proposed a picnic (BBQ) somewhere north of the metro area to accomodate Rich and Sledge. I hope that is still an option.

A weekend luncheon would be okay if we recognize that it would be intended for a more local group. Rich and Sledge would be welcome, of course, but we would understand if the trip were a bit much for them.

Meanwhile, welcome to us all in the SEMI-HUG (SouthEast MIchigan Hybrid Users Group).