Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Michigan Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Michigan Roll Call

Hi All,
I recently purchased a '08 FEH.

Mke,
In Detroit metro area

Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by esctu
Hi All,
I recently purchased a '08 FEH.

Mke,
In Detroit metro area

Welcome to our little club Mike! And a real close one to me I'm guessing. (I live in Warren, near 12 and Ryan.)

I've been meaning to get down and drive the '08 FEH, so all of us with the older models can get a feel for how differently she performs. I just recently heard that there's no need to double tap with the '08. Any words on that?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast

OK, I'll check in. Didn't realize there was a forum for it...

I've had an '05 Ford Escape Hybrid since the day they started delivering them to Mid-Michigan. Bought it in Chelsea, live in Stockbridge (quick, find it on a map!!!), work in Lansing. See a grey FEH with a 'LTLFROG' license plate and that is me. Honk or something.

Also a semi-professional orchid grower, so I load up the little Escape with orchids all the time. Main reason I bought the Escape, the Prius would have been too small.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello Michiganders,

For those interested, we could always use this if nothing else to meet up with one another, and maybe meet some new people:

Originally Posted by Sierra Club
It’s time to prepare for the Woodward Dream Cruise HYBRID festivities! This year the Woodward Dream Cruise will be held on August 18. We are looking for Hybrid Vehicle owners to participate in the cruise. Participation includes a press event on Thursday, August 16 from 6 PM – 7:30 PM and cruisin’ from 11 AM – 1 PM on Saturday, August 18. Our goal is to educate the public about hybrid technology and other available technologies!

Please contact Leigh to let her know you’d like to join our Hybrid Cruise at (248) 549-6213.
I did the cruise with them 2 years ago, but wasn't able to go last year.

Also, since we're in June, the weather is warm and the MPGs are up, anyone have any thoughts on a Michigan Hybrid Club Group Meeting?

Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM
reformed speed demon

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Hello Michiganders,
For those interested, we could always use this if nothing else to meet up with one another, and maybe meet some new people:
Also, since we're in June, the weather is warm and the MPGs are up, anyone have any thoughts on a Michigan Hybrid Club Group Meeting?
i'm interested, but that's too far ahead for my brain to think at the moment i am liking the warmer weather tho...my current tank is averaging almost 35 MPG.

and rich, i just noticed your note from a few weeks ago, and my father-in-law lives near 12 and dequinder. i've probably driven right past you and didn't even know!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by nimhbug
i'm interested, but that's too far ahead for my brain to think at the moment i am liking the warmer weather tho...my current tank is averaging almost 35 MPG.

and rich, i just noticed your note from a few weeks ago, and my father-in-law lives near 12 and dequinder. i've probably driven right past you and didn't even know!

Heh, maybe. I saw a woman in a FEH, not that long ago (3-4 weeks?). On Mound, traveling South, I was next to/behind her from about 15 Mile on South until I turned at 12 Mile, but she didn't. It was green, with the appearance packaged. Pre-2007 FEH. I saw her again on 13 Mile, between Dequindre and Ryan, as I recall.

She was driving pretty well, hypermiling probably, as she wasn't going much faster than I was.

Ah, bestill my heart, a pretty lady in a FEH!

Anywho, to the rest of you, what say you?

*Knocks on screen* Hello, hello? Anyone there? Roger me, Wilco me, anything, hello hello!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

I never noticed this thread until I caught the link in Pravus' signature. I'm in Dearborn and I have an '05 FEH and an '06 Prius.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
YA RLY.

Hello Michiganders,

So you want me to go to the Woodward Dream Cruise so I can get yelled at and flipped off by people who refuse to accept our energy consumption problem while celebrating ancient, overweight, overpowered, poor handling, gas glutton muscle cars which are more about stroking one's ego than anything else? No thanks.

Last edited by Sledge; 07-09-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
reformed speed demon

*Knocks on screen* Hello, hello? Anyone there? Roger me, Wilco me, anything, hello hello!
haven't checked in for ages...just logging tanks here and there. someone was following me at the taco bell drive thru the other night, right at the corner of grand river and 8 mile! young guy talking on a cell phone. FEH looked identical to mine, dark silver paint, 2006 model i'm guessing. anyway, i was amused.

i'm sitting at home this evening recording some old cassette tapes into my computer (to convert to cd) since i couldn't get a tape deck with my nav system

Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Sledge
So you want me to go to the Woodward Dream Cruise so I can get yelled at and flipped off by people who refuse to accept our energy consumption problem while celebrating ancient, overweight, overpowered, poor handling, gas glutton muscle cars which are more about stroking one's ego than anything else? No thanks.
Uhhh. Yeah?

I'll admit it was mostly ridiculing and whatnot, but that was 2 years ago. I'm sure attitudes have changed since then... LOL, yeah right. Besides, how do I know, maybe most of you are members and were planning on showing up? I just put it out there just in case.

Originally Posted by Nimhbug
haven't checked in for ages...just logging tanks here and there. someone was following me at the taco bell drive thru the other night, right at the corner of grand river and 8 mile! young guy talking on a cell phone. FEH looked identical to mine, dark silver paint, 2006 model i'm guessing. anyway, i was amused.
Heh. I seldomly see a fellow FEH anymore. Ironically, when Wayne Gerdes (xcel) was in town, and I was taking he and his wife out to dinner, spotted 3 that day, 2 in the parking lot.

Your best bet to ever see me is between John R and Gratiot, 11 mile to Hall (20 mile), that's about 99% of where I go. Mine's dark shadow gray, GH license plate frame on a bridge plate, no roof rack, and I've got a beard. If the FEH you see meets all those criteria, it just may be me.

I also occasionally make it out to weekends to the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village.

Anyway, if any of you are heading out to hybridfest, see you there. If not, let's talk about an August get together, eh? There seems to be enough of us, we should form a club anyway.

Quick Reply: Michigan Roll Call

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands