Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Michigan Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Michigan Roll Call

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
Yeah! I hope he doesn't come in an Expidition.

Despite the recent Chevvy ads, Motown really is Ford country.

So far we have six checking in:
Rich (Pravis Prime) -Thumb
Sledge - Saginaw
John - NW Detroit
Courtney (nimhbug) - Livonia
Bill (Wbruff)- Livonia
Raven - ??

I listed locations so it would be easy to see that finding a time and place for all of us isn't going to be easy. I had originally proposed a picnic (BBQ) somewhere north of the metro area to accomodate Rich and Sledge. I hope that is still an option.

A weekend luncheon would be okay if we recognize that it would be intended for a more local group. Rich and Sledge would be welcome, of course, but we would understand if the trip were a bit much for them.

Well, if you want to get technical, I live North of Mount Clemons in Macomb Township.

Also, I know there are more MI members here, but they either don't wish to identify themselves for meeting purposes, or don't check the Events and Gatherings forums. (Far more likely IMHO.)

Meanwhile, welcome to us all in the SEMI-HUG (SouthEast MIchigan Hybrid Users Group).

Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
reformed speed demon

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Also, I know there are more MI members here, but they either don't wish to identify themselves for meeting purposes, or don't check the Events and Gatherings forums. (Far more likely IMHO.)
need the thread title in bigger more obnoxious letters. supersize it! i know there a ton of prius drivers in the metro area. i see them everywhere...mostly the newer models. i even saw two insights in one day last week. still have yet to see a MMH or RX400 on the road.

finally got my car back last friday. yeah!

Old 02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by nimhbug
still have yet to see a MMH or RX400 on the road.
There's one RX400h in Saginaw. I've seen it several times.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Ronin

I am near Milford Michigan.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've seen a few Prius' around. Last week I saw a HiHy, first time for that. I was next to an Insight last summer for a stretch. At the Woodward Dream Cruise, for the hybrid cruise, I saw a lot of HCHs.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:19 AM
reformed speed demon

ok, kinda unrelated but funny...out running errands this morning, i saw a 90's model toyota corolla with a big blue oval ford sticker on the back bumper. further proof that SE michigan is a unique car market

Old 02-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by nimhbug
ok, kinda unrelated but funny...out running errands this morning, i saw a 90's model toyota corolla with a big blue oval ford sticker on the back bumper. further proof that SE michigan is a unique car market
I wonder if the Ford sticker is to qualify the car for parking in the special Ford Truck Assembly lot?

Old 02-25-2006, 02:17 PM
2 Prius family

Mark in Kalamazoo - '03, '05 Prii.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Green Missionary

Hey Mark in K-zoo,

Welcome to the Michigan Roll Call.

I assume you have read the other posts on this thread and know that some of us are interested in some kind of get-together this spring or summer.

Those interested are scattered - Saginaw, Macomb County, Livonia (2 or 3 - I lost count), Detroit.

Would you be interested in making it to a hybriders picnic if its timing were compatible with your schedule? For some reason, most of us drive FEH's and we could use a Prius or two.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello all,

From Mike in the Wayne area.

Quick Reply: Michigan Roll Call

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands