Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

minnesota hypermiler meeting dec. 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
my other car is a FJORD
Default minnesota hypermiler meeting dec. 22nd

Hello all! Several of us have planned another meet here in MN on Saturday the 22nd starting at 11:00. We welcome hybrid drivers, as well as anyone who is interested in ways to increase fuel economy.

We will be meeting at the Sundance Golf course in Maple grove. You can view the website for this location below:

Sundance Golf and Bowl
http://www.sundancegolfbowl.com/

The actual location can be seen by clicking the link below:

Sundance Golf and Bowl location
http://tinyurl.com/yu6eqw

We will have a special guest there -- our very own Delta Flyer!! He'll be driving his famous Insight and will be giving a presentation about his newest toy -- the Lone Star MIMA.

Xcel is also planning to join us, as well as that mpg sorceress of the north who has been just TEARING up the snow around here -- Laurie with her HCHI equipped with a manual transmission! (please note, i didn't write that description, i simply copied it from what i was given LOL)

We'll also have at least one Prius driver at the meet so anyone who is interested in joining us will have the opportunity to see 3 fascinating examples of hybrid engineering.

The meet will consist of discussion of vehicles, driving techniques, current and future FE technologies, and driver training on request. Food will be available at the bar and grill on location, so you'll be able to munch while taking in all the great camaraderie and drawing on the considerable array of expertise that you'll find in attendance!

We welcome any and all participants regardless of your experience level!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: minnesota hypermiler meeting dec. 22nd

I work just 2 hours from you! And I would love to be there in my souped up FEH. ( getting high 30's to 41 MPG at 0 degrees! ) LOL

But you WOULD have to pick a date so close to Xmas, now wouldn't you?
I will be going to my mom's house in Sunny Los Angeles on the 21st.

When is the next "meeting"?

-John

Old 12-10-2007, 08:53 AM
my other car is a FJORD

darn!! one of the reasons we chose that day is because delta flyer could get time off, and because, though i am two hours from the city, i will be there sunday for the holiday with family.

we certainly will be having another one in the new year.....i will send you information!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You might want to consider moving or copying this into "Events & Gatherings" if you want to draw attention to it.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
my other car is a FJORD

thanks, i will copy it, since i am not sure i can move it. jason?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
my other car is a FJORD
Default minnesota hypermiler meeting dec. 22nd (moved from other forum)

Hello all! Several of us have planned another meet here in MN on Saturday the 22nd starting at 11:00. We welcome hybrid drivers, as well as anyone who is interested in ways to increase fuel economy.

We will be meeting at the Sundance Golf course in Maple grove. You can view the website for this location below:

Sundance Golf and Bowl
http://www.sundancegolfbowl.com/

The actual location can be seen by clicking the link below:

Sundance Golf and Bowl location
http://tinyurl.com/yu6eqw

We will have a special guest there -- our very own Delta Flyer!! He'll be driving his famous Insight and will be giving a presentation about his newest toy -- the Lone Star MIMA.

Xcel is also planning to join us, as well as that mpg sorceress of the north who has been just TEARING up the snow around here -- Laurie with her HCHI equipped with a manual transmission! (please note, i didn't write that description, i simply copied it from what i was given LOL)

We'll also have at least one Prius driver at the meet so anyone who is interested in joining us will have the opportunity to see 3 fascinating examples of hybrid engineering.

The meet will consist of discussion of vehicles, driving techniques, current and future FE technologies, and driver training on request. Food will be available at the bar and grill on location, so you'll be able to munch while taking in all the great camaraderie and drawing on the considerable array of expertise that you'll find in attendance!

We welcome any and all participants regardless of your experience level!

Old 12-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

I really like to go there... But, It is so far dude, and It is snowing here...

Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

Hey, sounds like fun. I'll definitely try to make it up there, so chalk up another Insight on the list!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Looks like I can probably make it - especially since I'm that close.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 AM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by chesterakl
Looks like I can probably make it - especially since I'm that close.
great. look forward to seeing you

Quick Reply: minnesota hypermiler meeting dec. 22nd

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands