Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

North American International Auto Show Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Green Missionary
Default Re: North American International Auto Show Get Together

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Well, at least going on those interested, how does the last Saturday, January 21st sound?
Rich,

At least let you and me agree on Sat., Jan. 21 since we are the only two to have given a specific response to that proposal.

About time and place. Would early afternoon, say around 2:00 be good, or would you rather have it in the evening? Afternoon might accomodate Terry from Saginaw if he is interested. Evening - say around 6:00 or 7:00 - might work better for others.

Perhaps we could meet somewhere and enter as a group (or two if necessary). If we meet in the afternoon, somewhere around Cobo seems reasonable. (We could go to Greektown later.) If evening, meeting at Greektown for an early supper might work well. Courtney recommended Niki's pizza in Greektown. Perhaps it would be worth a try.

I'm not sure how we could arrange a HUG zone for parking. Perhaps others have an idea.

In any case, I'm looking forward to 01/21/06.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I figure I'll wait for a stronger feedback before doing any time setting, but I was going to pitch around 1:30-2 pm.

Also, yesterday (Thursday January 12), the Detroit Free Press Motor City section was all about the Auto Show; with parking locations, a layout of the show, some features (including one about hybrids at the show), and so forth. It may be worth it to people who don't normally get one to get one, if they can.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:29 PM
reformed speed demon

i'm still interested in going, but i'm not entirely sure i'm going to have a car to actually get there! mine is still in for repairs, and my husband plays hockey on saturdays so i can't really borrow his car. i'll try and talk a friend into going so i have a ride any time of day should be fine for me tho...early afternoon or evening.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Green Missionary

Any time of day is okay for me. (A slight preference for early afternoon.)

Courtney, I am in northwest Detroit and could swing by to pick you up. I hope your husband wouldn't mind if you went out with an older man.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Saturday (Jan 14) Free press has 10 things not to miss:

1. Chevrolet Camero
2. Ford Edge
3. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
4. Dodge Challenger
5. Toyota Camry
6. Lincoln MKS
7. Buick Enclave
8. Ford Shelby GT 500
9. Lexus LS 460
10. Alternative Fuel Vehicles: From Gasoline-electric hybrids to hydrogen, "There's never been more of these advanced and practical vehicles under one roof." (Something to remember the next time I write in to the Free Press or News when Hybrids are being bashed.)

Also, www.freep.com is boasting a interactive map to show where to park, eat, shop, and have fun.

Unfortunately, Mark Phelan won't be at the Free press booth next Saturday.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 AM
YA RLY.

How many people are going now? I can get 4 tickets for free from my company but I need to tell the guy soon to get them.

My time preference would be early in the morning so I'd show up when it opens.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Looks like four:

Courtney (assuming she can get a ride/drive herself)
John
You
And me.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:48 PM
YA RLY.

I have the tickets. Now we just need to nail down a time and a place to meet.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by Sledge
I have the tickets. Now we just need to nail down a time and a place to meet.
Great! Thanks, Sledge.

Rich and I had suggested early afternoon, but Sledge, commuting from Saginaw, wanted to start earlier if possible. I am game to meet earlier even though I am not a morning person if that is agreeable with Rich and Courtney.

Courtney suggested Niki's - a Greektown pizzaria - which she likes better than Buddy's. Since it makes no sense to meet inside the NAIAS to get the tickets to enter the show, perhaps we could meet at Niki's?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

We could also meet at someplace like the statue of Joe Louis at Cobo hall, outside of the show, but in an area that can't be missed in Cobo. While I'm not a morning person either, if we all get there early, we can probably park close and for less, and enjoy the show at our leisure, especially as Sledge is getting us in free!

Quick Reply: North American International Auto Show Get Together

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands