Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Regional Hybrid Groups

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place but I am new so please humor me. I thought I saw a section for coming events but because I am an old guy I lost it quickly. I am sure Jason has a place where I can get the information I need but for the life of me I can't find it (it is probably in the same place that my Second Grade students put their 'lost' homework).

Now that I am firmly in the grip of my love of the New Escape Hybrid (even with some of its shortcomings) my wife and I want more than ever to meet other Hybrid Owners (not just the Escape) and break bread and drink green tea (or whatever) in real life.

I would welcome your posts on this thread of any possible information of regional groups that hold meetings and discuss why their Hybrid is better than yours.

My personal choice would be Groups in the Inland Empire Area of Southern California (specifically near to Palm Springs) but if we had nationwide info perhaps a file can be set up that Owners and Potential Buyers can go to for real life interaction. They might even want to buy all the old but Very Cool Prius T-Shirts and Key Rings I have stockpiled for the day I could sell them on EBay at a ridiculous price.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Site Founder

It was a subforum of Anything Goes, but I've moved it to the main page, now.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...p?showforum=33

Old 12-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have received four replies to this request for interest in a Hybrid Club Meeting in the LA Area (CA). These have all been from Ford Escape Hybrid Owners. Hey Prius, Insight, and Honda Owners! We need you to educate us new people. Please either email me direct:

Sdctcher@Yahoo.Com

With an interest or Post here.

I hope to arrange a January Meeting at a central point in or near LA (probably on a weekend). It will be at a large park and you should bring a picnic lunch and be ready to show off and discuss your Baby. Comradeship is important amongst Pioneers.

Owners in other areas of North America are urged to post under this thread to set up your own Group.

Mike

Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

A Los Angeles Area Hybrid Owners Road Rally is being planned at a yet to be selected location possibly on Saturday, January 29th. We have at least five Escapees confirmed but are hoping for some Prius, Insight and Honda Folks to show up and strut their stuff.

This is basically just a Get Together Picnic Style and we plan to map out several City/Highway 10 Mile Routes to Rally upon for Mileage Comparisons.

Prizes cannot yet be promised.

There is no cost other than BYO Lunch and Beverages.

Sponsors are welcome and encouraged.

This is a first try at something like this so we do not know what to expect. I plan to document all results of the Rally and take as many photos to post as possible. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Please post if you have an interest so we can plan on a big enough scale.

For those in other parts of the US and Canada, please respond as well and I will try to put you in touch with others in your area.

Mike (Sdctcher)

Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

Great idea, Mike! I've been to a meet of Prius drivers in the Toronto area, but much like I've found on here in the multi-hybrid environment, (MHE... can I trademark that or something?) it's often even more valuable to touch base with those using the other hybrids, to exchange information, and swap stories about different scenarios.

My fiancee says she saw an Insight on the road the other day, which would be the first non-Prius hybrid that we've seen on the roads in our toodling around the Toronto area... so there's hope that someday we'll have enough variety to have some interesting meetups of this type!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Rob for your post. I agree that some people (not most) might want a more personal relationship with other Hybrid Owners than is afforded in Forum Chat. I hope others will post here their general regional location if they want to get together with other Hybrid People. Perhaps this Forum can act as a broker to bring us closer together.

I am a new owner of a Ford Hybrid and would love to compare to others in person. I would love to just sit in a Prius, Insight, or Honda and feel something I can only read about. I would then post my feelings and observations on the General Forum.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have located the site of our first meeting of the Hybrid Owners of Southern California Area on Saturday, January 29th at 10:00 AM. Those that wish to take part should meet in the main parking lot of:

The Travel Town Transportation Museum
5200 Zoo Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Operations: (323) 662-5874
Saturday Hours: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Web Page:
http://www.cityofla.org/RAP/grifmet/tt/inf...on.htm#location

Map Page:
http://www.cityofla.org/RAP/grifmet/tt/tra...e/travelmap.gif

The proposed Agenda will be:
10:00 - 11:00 AM Assemble in Main Parking Lot (Look for Hybrids)
Proceed to the Main Picnic Area on the Museum Grounds.

11:00 - 12:00 AM Staggered Starts for Approximate 10 mile-long Slow Course around Griffith Park (Maps will be Available). We are looking for best Elapsed MPG on either Dash Gauge or Nav System.

12:00 - 1:00 PM BYO Lunch at Travel Town Museum Picnic Grounds.

1:00 - 2:00 PM Staggered Starts for Approximate 10 mile-long Fast Course on Freeways and Adjacent City Streets (Maps will be Available).

Travel Town offers old train attractions (Free) and there are other attractions within Griffith Park.

I am hoping not just Ford Escape Hybrid Owners and wanna-be owners attend. I would like to see interested drivers of other hybrids.

If anyone has a better idea for planning this meeting please email me.

Mike
(Sdctcher@Yahoo.com)

Old 04-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Regional Hybrid Groups

Hi Mike,
My partner and I are big fans of Palm Springs with friends living there. We may make a trip out from Chicago later in the year (when colder here and less hot there) in our new 05 Escape. We'd love to meet you should we do so. Also, if you make it to the Chicagoland area feel free to drop us a line! Take care,
Paul

Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Love to meet you and yours Paul. Email me when you have a date. I used to live near ChiTown and was there last summer but probably not this summer. Only trip I want to take is to the KC FEH Plant.

Mike

Old 11-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How'd the Jan '05 meet go?

Any plans on having another one?