Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Results of Milwaukee Hybrid Group 1st meeting

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Results of Milwaukee Hybrid Group 1st meeting

Justin and I want to thank all who attended our 1st meeting. It was about 15 degrees out so we were lucky to be inside.

We had 24 people attend the meeting and I think we had a great time. We had 5 friends up from Illinois and 5 people from the Racine/Kenosha area. We had Wayne Gerdes and Tom Baleno from Cleanmpg.com up and several members from PriusChat.com too. The meeting ran over our time limit of 2 hours but no one complained. In addition to all that was discussed during the meeting we had pulse and glide training at the end.

We had a senior electrochemist and a systems engineer from the Johnson Controls Battery Division speak at the meeting too. We also had Chuck Quirmbach from Wisconsin Public Radio present for the entire meeting, even going out on a pulse and glide training session. He'll be doing a 4-5 minute piece on MHG on WPR and the Great Lakes Radio network.

The members had a lot of enthusiasm and we discussed many areas and things we may want to do in the future. We talked about Hybridfest 2006 and our Brewer game get together in June.

Within the next week we'll have our minutes out and attached for people to view. I think we're off to a pretty good start.

Justin and I thank you all for your encouragement and support.

Bradlee