Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Sat, Aug 11th, Houston Hybrid Club. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/sat-aug-11th-houston-hybrid-club-14840/)

Dan 08-09-2007 10:01 AM

Sat, Aug 11th, Houston Hybrid Club.

Houston Hybrid & Hypermilers Club (aka H³C)

Basic discussions about hybrids and techniques to maximize fuel efficiency (both hybrid and non-hybrid).

Sat, Aug 11th @ Noon
Sonic Drive-In, Cypress Texas (Houston Cy-Fair)
26044 Highway 290 (Northwest Houston Metro Area)

There are some tables in the center of the sonic and I'll be hanging out with a tan baseball cap reading "CleanMPG.com" (sorry guys, I don't have a GH cap).

Google Map

Agenda
-Prius Block Heater Install walk-through.
-EV Button Install walk-through.
-Hypermiling (Eco-Driving) tips and tricks.
-ScanGaugeII test runs and driving clinics.
-General Hybrid Q&A.

There are a few other fast food joints and one pizza place in the area if you want some other food.

I'll have my ScanGauge (fuel consumption display) so we can hook it up to your car to see real-time fuel usage. It works on most cars made after 1995. One thing that helps is knowing your engine size (displacement). This is usually represented in liters, cubic centimeters or cubic inches. An example would be a Mustang 5.0L V8.

Email or PM me and I'll pass along my cell number if you need it.

<<Last Month - Next Month>>

Dan 08-10-2007 07:38 AM

Re: Sat, Aug 11th, Houston Hybrid Club.

Shameless bump to peak any latecomers interest.

For those hoping to make next month's meeting, they will be on the Second Saturday of each month at Noon. I'll find a better venue eventually, but for now Sonic will do.

Meetings will be:
Aug 11
Sep 8
Oct 13
Nov 10
Dec 8

Well you get the point :)

mg48 08-20-2007 06:50 AM

Sorry that I missed the kick-off event, but I will definitely make it out for some of the other dates.

Dan 08-20-2007 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mg48 (Post 139716)
Sorry that I missed the kick-off event, but I will definitely make it out for some of the other dates.

Good deal... I should start getting things lined up for the 8th.

Email or PM me for my cell number if your coming out for sure.

Mark E Smith 08-28-2007 06:58 AM

see ya on the 8th, same place? BTW I have a snap-on Modis updated to 06 and can fool it for 07s I will bring it.

Dan 08-28-2007 08:29 AM

The 8th is a go, but I'm changing venues. The Sonic was just too hot in the heat.

Moving to a Mexican Restaurant, a few miles north of last months meet (closer to you ;))

I'm posting for the 8th presently.

Can't wait to see the Ford!