Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Seattle Car Show!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Seattle Car Show!

My 2005 Honda Insight (red) has been accepted into the Seattle Roadster Show this weekend, March 3-5. It is held in the Qwest Field Event Center (Seahawk Stadium area) Over 52,000 people are expected to attend, so I am hoping my car will get lots of attention.

Mine will be the only newer car; all the rest are hot rods, muscle cars, etc. I got a special waiver because the Show Executive saw my car at an event last summer, and liked it. Also, he says the current high fuel prices have stirred interest in high efficiency vehicles.

This is a very exclusive, high-end, indoor show. Many of the roadsters have fancy displays, with the whole rig rotating on a "lazy Susan" pedestal, under bright lights. To sort of keep up, I have acquired an 8 x 18 piece of beautiful black carpet. I have a professionally made sign, listing the features and performance of the Insight.

I went on E-Bay and purchased a 3 foot tall Texaco gas pump replica in perfect shape. I plan on laying the gas pump down flat, jacking up the left front of the car, and letting the tire down on the gas pump: I am trying to create the theme of gasoline dependancy being "under my thumb". Finally, the whole display will be behing ropes and stands.

Anyone in the Seattle area is welcome to come by and say Hello; I will be there all weekend. Come and chat for awhile, as hopefully thousands of folks will be exposed to the concept of very high gas mileage.............

Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Seattle Car Show!

Sounds like a good time! Keep up the good work!