Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

SoCal Hybrid Event

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default SoCal Hybrid Event

**Announcement** The date & time has been set for a hybrid gathering in Southern California! It is Sunday, April 30 from 10am to 6pm at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Chino. We hope to have more than 20 Insights, and lots of HCH, Prius, FEH, and Accords.

I will be driving my 2005 Insight from the Seattle area, hoping to average 91 mpg along the way. It will be a fantastic time! Anyone in???

Old 03-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: SoCal Hybrid Event

What is the address? maps.google shows 2 Walmart's in Chino, 1 in Chino Hills. The first, a superstore, appears to be at the corner of D & 10th Streets, the second in Chino is at 3943 Grand Ave.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Chesleyn; thanks for bringing that up. It's the one @ 3943 Grand Ave. It was chosen, in part, because it's right off the 71 freeway.

Sure hope you can make it. Please tell any other hybrid owners about it! What city are you in? There should be several HCH there, and one of them I know of is getting extremely high FE! It will be interesting to hear his secrets.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast

Less than 5 weeks to go.......all hybrids are welcome. Several who already said they are coming, have made slight modifications to their rigs; both cosmetic and to help with FE. Who else lives near Southern Calif and would like to attend?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

Several others have said they will attend! Hopefully 25 or more cars will show. Willie from San Diego will also be there, along with his Turbo-charged Insight. Anyone from the Phoenix area want to make the drive? Bill......

Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: SoCal Hybrid Event

Will attend with both of our FEH's. Thanks for setting up the event.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:03 PM

Sure, sounds like fun. I'll drive up in my 2006 HCH as long as it's sunny that weekend; I hate clouds. My car is unmodded save some Wet Okole seat covers and better tires.

I'm obviously not a hypermiler but hopefully I won't be too out of place.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Enthusiast

thinking of going. just wondering what goes on @ these things?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Enthusiast

count me in! we need bumper stickers or other shwag. hehe

Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

.....Thanks Tom, Ines & Scott, Mike, CGame. What goes on? Parking fuel-efficient cars in a straight line for photos, meeting lots of nice folks with a common interest, exchanging ideas on driving and maintenance, test drives, viewing the modifications, maybe walking next door for a meal, etc. Later, Bill......

Quick Reply: SoCal Hybrid Event

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands