Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

SoCal Hybrid Event

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: SoCal Hybrid Event

Billy, thanks for organizing this.
Sounds like fun.

But, 8 hours long?
Why so long?
Why not just 2 hours, say 2 to 4 PM?

Nobody is going to stay 8 hours, so nobody will get to see the entire turn out.
And there will be no photos of the whole turn out either.

Also isn't it strange to have a meeting of earth-friendly hybrid people at what many consider to be the most exploitive corporation on earth?

Please don't tell me WalMart is in any way associated with this event, or is planning on boosting its image with pics or publicity?
Are they even aware this is going to happen?

Last edited by kenny; 04-11-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Kenny; It is scheduled for 8 hrs because: 1) Several people are driving a long way, and to make this type of commitment a thorough, significant event seems called for. 2) It will allow flexibility for those (very few) who cannot show up at or near 10am. 3) It allows time to walk next door and eat lunch as a group, if we decide to. 4) I attended one of these, where 13 Insights gathered near Oakland, CA. 4 hrs was NOT enough, the time went by way too fast.

Wal-Mart has nothing to do with the event; they just have lots of space between Sam's Club and another retail store. They are not really even aware of it, except we did get permission from the store asst manager. As to being earth-friendly, I think everyone who attends will be encouraged and more excited about using less fuel, and maintaining their cars even better. It appears we will be quite far from any Wal-Mart entrance, that no association will be assumed.
I sure hope you will attend, and bring either sipper 1 or sipper 2? It will be nice to meet you. Thanks, Bill......

Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM

Actually I'll just be there like an hour or two, most likely. I like getting alot of things done on weekends...

As for Wal-Mart, it's preposterous claiming they're anti-environment. How much pollution do their stores release? None to speak of; they sell goods, not produce them. Or do you mean how they buy lots of land for their stores? It's nothing compared to the land consumed by paved roads which you drive on to get there. Oh, and building those interstates did involve annexing people's land you know.

People like to attack Wal-Mart because it's a large company, but nothing I've heard about them has been in any way unusual compared to other corporations.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'd LOVE to go, but you picked one of the WORST days of the year, MY BIRTHDAY !!!! Worst of all, I live SUPER close, in the city of La Verne, the 71 is about a 4 minute drive away....

Old 04-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Count me in, Thanks for the invite, for those who do show up they can see and hear the muffler mod!

Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast

Plans are moving ahead, and as of now about 28 people/cars have said they plan to attend. It should be a great time. Anyone else in AZ or SoCal want to join?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast

....getting close to Sunday 4-30-06. Everyone is welcome. Both CA and AZ, make plans now to attend!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My RSVP is 'regretfully declines' because of a previous engagement. Gotta take the wife to a large family gathering down in Willcox, AZ that weekend.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Enthusiast

...Last call for this event! Bring a camera. The weather is forecast to be perfect; near 80 F and sunny. See everyone Sunday.....

Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 PM

Actually I'm gonna duck out, since my family will be in their Arizona vacation home at the time (as opposed to their New Jersey actual home) so I'd rather go over and visit them when I can, and the weather will be cloudless and hot. They've never even seen my HCH which I've had since November.

BTW there's a good chance my HCH will not see June; one dealer says he might get exactly the Camry Hybrid I want by the end of May, depending on if Toyota allocates him the car he orders, while another will have a different color (but still good) in a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: SoCal Hybrid Event

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands