Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Toyota Georgetown Plant Tour: Monday, Oct 13, 2008

Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Toyota Georgetown Plant Tour: Monday, Oct 13, 2008

Hi folks,

Toyota makes the hybrid Camry at the Georgetown KY. This two hour tour shows how Toyota converts sheets of metal to fully functional hybrid Camrys, Camrys, and Avelons. It is an engineering master piece and a chance to see Toyota quality in practice where it counts . . . on the factory floor. To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY hybrid factory in North America that has an open house or tours for the public. The first tour group:

photo by Mike Triebsch

I'm organizing a tour of the Toyota Georgetown KY plant for Columbus Day, Monday, 10:00 AM, Oct. 13, 2008. It takes about two hours. I'll reserve 20 seats but plant security requires:
name(s)
home addresses
phone numbers
e-mail address(es) (for updates and confirmation)
Send me a PM or e-mail and I'll add you to the assembled list.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

ps. Last year, some volunteers organized a block-heater installation party and picnic. A great time had by all. More details will follow (and volunteers are always appreciated!)

pps. Feel free to post this notice in any group.

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-30-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Georgetown Plant Tour: Monday, Oct 13, 2008

We are planning to tour that plant also, we have not decided on a date yet. Probably earlier in the summer. I will keep this in mind.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have seen the plant online and it looks like a great operation. I would like to try and tour the plant in the near future as well.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Engineering first

Hi,

Just a quick reminder, we'll be hosting our annual Georgetown KY tour this year. Toyota makes the hybrid Camry mixed with their other products. We have 20 seats reserved and they will go faster in September.

Again this year, Jud and his family have extended a welcome invitation for a Sunday afternoon, tour group picnic in Cincinnati KY. A wonderful gathering, we had a gaggle of hybrids and hybrid technologists sharing notes and "under the hoods." Bring your block heater and no doubt our "shade tree" mechanics will 'hang a leaf' and be happy to 'git 'er done.'

If you'd like to contribute to the weekend, feel free to volunteer or send a PM. Feel free to share this with other hybrid forums.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

ps. Do stop by my table at Hybridfest.