Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

WI and IL Hybrid owners – Sunday, July 17 Brewers Game

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Default Re: WI and IL Hybrid owners – Sunday, July 17 Brewers Game

Eric,
Since I'm hosting some driving videos on my site, do you want me to bring some cds with them for people that may want to see them but don't have broadband or don't want to download them?

I'll be bringing a cd for Wayne as it is.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Contributor ($)

Sure!
Bring a couple along for fun. We have a wide range of people coming. Everyone from hypermilers to newbies.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Contributor ($)

Some people have asked about driving to the Wauwatosa staging area together.
I'm not sure of my plans, other than I'll be there right at 10:00. If people want to coordinate something, post here to discuss it.
Does anyone from the Madison area want to drive there together?
Does anyone from Illinois want to drive there together?

Old 07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributor ($)

For those who are interested, here is my travel itinerary.
I will be driving a new Highlander Hybrid and my three young sons will be with me.

8:00 am - leave Sauk City, WI

9:00 am - arrive at the Kwik Trip gas station/convenience store in Lake Mills, WI and take a 15 minute break. (105 E Tyranena Park Road, Lake Mills, WI)

9:15 am - depart Kwik Trip.

10:05 am - arrive at the staging area in Wauwatosa

I will be traveling at or just under the posted speed limit.

If you care to meet up with me and travel to Milwaukee together, please let me know and I’ll keep my eyes open for you. Staying on schedule is going to be important, so I apologize in advance if we miss each other.

And by the way.... we now have 41 people coming to the event!

Last edited by ericbecky; 07-12-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___I am looking forward to meeting many of you again and many new hybrid pilots for the first time.

___As an added bonus, I am very interested in discussing some new hypermiling FE techniques with those driving Prius II’s to the event.

100 + mpg is easily possible!

___I have some feelers out for those that hypermile their HCH’s to see if it works for them as well but we shall see. I hope to have answers for the HCH owners by the time the event arrives.

___Lastly, I have a lead on well over 200 quarts of 0W-20 Mobil1 synthetic from Krousdb out of Pittsburgh, PA. If anyone needs a few cases, let me know as I can bring some of my own stock to the event. Krousdb can get many more cases where they came from and I will be heading out that way again the first week of August to re-supply any that someone might take off my hands.

___Good Luck to you all

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by xcel
___Lastly, I have a lead on well over 200 quarts of 0W-20 Mobil1 synthetic from Krousdb out of Pittsburgh, PA. If anyone needs a few cases, let me know as I can bring some of my own stock to the event. Krousdb can get many more cases where they came from and I will be heading out that way again the first week of August to re-supply any that someone might take off my hands.
I'm in for a case....wait a minute, I suppose I should ask the price first...nah...it can't be any more expensive than the last case I bought.

By the way, we are this close (holds thumb and forefinger very close together) to getting an RX owner to join us. He called while I was out of town Wed and Thurs. I'll know more when I get ahold of him tomorrow. If it works out then we'll have every hybrid model represented.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Hi Ericbecky:

___A perfect representative sample of all the hybrids will make for an excellent meet. I cannot wait!

___Whoops, I missed posting the Mobil1 price … I paid $4.99 per quart + 7% PA. tax. If you need a few quarts let me know as Krousdb PM’ed me tonight saying he can get more so I don’t mind selling a few of the 48 quarts I brought home with me 2 days ago.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by xcel
... $4.99 per quart + 7% PA. tax.
O.k. I guess I was wrong, it CAN be more expensive than the case I bought. I paid $4.88 a quart + 5% tax.

I've been meaning to check one "hidden" source. I'll check it tomorrow and PM if I need a case or not.

edited to add:
On an unrelated note., I just took the Highlander Hybrid on a Madison-Minneapolis round trip. The whole family in the car, 65 mph, a/c on. Still eked out 29.3 mpg.

Last edited by ericbecky; 07-14-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:44 PM

The wife and I had lots of fun at the game. It was nice meeting everyone. Thanks to those involved that did all the work to put this outing together.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 PM

Hi Tbaleno:

___Another great event as hosted by our very own Ericbecky. Excellent job Eric! I cannot wait for next years! About that next Wi/Il Hybrid Group Meet … I am hoping to see either a GM Dual-Note, Ford Fusion HEV, or maybe even the Lexus GS450h Don’t forget to pass along any contacts you may know of that might lead to some success for our “Attempt” in early August. Did you get a chance to try the “P&G” technique in the HH tonight?

___Tim, you might be interested in the following for your Insight per our discussion earlier today. Kinematic Viscosities are as close to a hypermiler’s heart as any other technique or setup!

Kinematic Viscosities (ASTM D-445) of the respective manufacturer’s synthetic oils:

Mobil1 SAE 0W-20
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 43.0
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 8.4

Pennzoil SAE 0W-20 <-- The new hybrid stuff …
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 46.5
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 8.7

Mobil1 SAE 5W-20
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 48.3
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 8.8

Amsoil SAE 5W-20
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 49.6
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 9.0

Mobil1 SAE 5W-30 <-- Older information …
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 53.0
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 9.9

Mobil1 SAE 10W-30
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 62.0
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 10.0

Amsoil SAE 0W-30
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 57.3
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 11.3

Amsoil SAE 5W-30
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 64.3
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 11.6

Amsoil SAE 10W-30
cSt @ 40 degrees C = 66.1
cSt @ 100 degrees C = 11.8

___And the oil filter that you might be interested in for your Insight after your 10-pack stock is depleted. A Walmart purchased (~ $2.07) Champion Labs designed and manufactured SuperTech ST6607 works very well indeed. My favorite anyway … When it comes time to keep your little beauty warm this coming fall/winter, I can lead you to the exact parts needed from your local NAPA dealer for a quick 10 minutes of work and an increase of 10 + mpg in the harshest of temperatures

___Bradlee, how did your son do on the way home in the Prius II? If anyone has a chance to see a break out in FE, he does. Don’t forget about that sun screen thingy as an engine blanket and a radiator block this winter either.

___Locutus, anything on leaving the car booted up and walking off? I will have Dan pass on his technique for us all if you cannot perform the task with the non-SS option

___Tbaleno, did you maintain that excellent tanks FE on the way home? The head winds were tough This tank is going to be the best of your life irregardless I am sure!

___Finally, who has the pic’s?

___Thanks again Eric and nice job as usual. Let’s get together for the Chicago Auto show - Press Event again if not sooner.

___Good Luck to you all.

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Quick Reply: WI and IL Hybrid owners – Sunday, July 17 Brewers Game

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands