Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

add your data to www.fueleconomy.gov

Old 07-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default add your data to www.fueleconomy.gov

This mileage database is great. I love it. I will always keep my data here.

However, there is another MPG database into which I believe it would be wise for us hybrid folks to post our mileage data. It is located at www.fueleconomy.gov. Note that this web site periodically gets referenced in news articles.

I poked around there and found that the MPG values for my beloved HCH were exceedingly low; then I looked at how many folks had entered data there. Two. Or one (depending on the model).

The reason I recommend adding our data there -- in addition to here -- is because many folks may go there in order to determine what MPG to expect from hybrids. And if we don't put enough data out there, we are in danger of allowing the results to be skewed in one direction or another.

So, I'd recommend giving the web site a quick perusal, and if you feel so inclined, adding your data to the mix.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Banned
Default Re: add your data to www.fueleconomy.gov

Well, fueleconomy.gov *does* get more visibility.... probably >10 million people visit each year, looking for information.

troy

Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Enthusiast

I wonder how often the "shared" date is updated.
I posted mine out there a few days ago with the "shared" option checked, but it still only shows three people (and no one from IL), so I know my data is not appearing there.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:38 AM

All cars seem to say "Last updated on 7/11/2005." So my hunch is that they update the data at the beginning of every week.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Even though the 2001 Prius only has 3 reported it's about what we get 47-48

Old 07-20-2005, 03:33 PM

I currently post my economy information here and at fueleconomy.gov. I wouldn't say that there are a lot of posters for the Prius II, certainly not like the data Jason has collected here.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

This should be stickied, I just came across the site, and added my tank info, just transfering from here, then I found this thread.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Vegetarian

mwahahahaha! i've got the highest mpg of the "2005 Civic Hybrid 4 cyl, 1.3, Automatic (fully variable gear ratios) , Regular Gasoline, HEV LB, EMS" i'm number 8 on the list.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Yes, sticky it for sure mods!

IMAHybrid, I had to dethrone you over there. BTW, how long does it take to update their base? My data is done but my car isn't showing up in the comparison section yet.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

updates every Monday around noon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: add your data to www.fueleconomy.gov

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands