Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   AndyT you are in my sights (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/andyt-you-my-sights-860/)

lakedude 08-28-2004 09:10 PM

Hillary is going DOWN! I figure you got about 8 days before my next tank blows by you in the database. You are only hanging on by a tenth. My next tank should put me near 30mpg. Eat my dust!!! :P

kenny 08-28-2004 09:54 PM

Huh?
Is hillary the name of your car?
And is it a corvette?

xcel 08-29-2004 01:03 AM

Hi Kenny:

___Hillary is Andy T’s Saturn which is the next automobile above Lakedude’s Vette in the Real Hybrid Mileage Database. It looks like Lakedude’s Vette is locked, loaded, and in the hunt!

___Lakedude, keep up the great work. Just 2 more tanks to go to reach Hypermiler status ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

AndyT 08-29-2004 11:07 AM

Lakedude--

You probably will pass me! Texas finally decided to have a normal August and I have given in--the AC goes back on today.

BTW, congratulations on your mileage! It must take a lot of restraint to get that out of a 'vette.

However, you have my sympathies. It must be a terrible burden to have to ride in such an uncool car when all the hot chicks are checking out my station wagon! :P

lakedude 08-30-2004 06:59 AM

It must take a lot of restraint to get that out of a 'vette.
I never could have done it if I was 25 but you mello with age. The game gauge and super tall gearing help as well. 4th is 1 to 1, 5th is 0.75 to 1 and 6th is 0.5 to 1 overdrive. A big portion (40%) of the car's life has been at or below 1000rpm. Oh yeah a second shift job makes all the difference as well.

It is actually more fun for me to drive for mileage than speed. Vettes are cop magnets, got a drawer full of tickets/high insurance.

I think the Vette is going away in November BTW, got money down on a '05 HCH.

lakedude 08-31-2004 01:47 PM

Arrgh

I let a girl drive my car and she never took it out of 4th up or down hill. This tank is toast. The gauge is under 28mpg and that means the mpgs are actually under 26. Oh the horror :(

AndyT 09-02-2004 03:50 PM

I was wondering what happened when I saw that you had not passed me!

You are right, age does mellow. I am really enjoying driving for mileage. I try different routes which gives me different scenery, I get to relax and when I see a cop . . . I smile.

Let's see who's on top at the end of September!

lakedude 09-07-2004 01:53 PM

Buahhahahhahhhaaa!

I've done it! My last tank was 31.4, only a tenth off the record tank of 31.5. The tank was suffering but I took a 30 mile one way highway trip and really took it easy both ways. The stupid place was closed for Labor Day so it was a wasted trip. I let 2 different people drive this tank and if they hadn't the tank would be a record. I seriously doubt I'll climb any higher. Flower is just out of range at 31.3mpg.

xcel 09-07-2004 02:52 PM

Hi Lakedude:

___Although AndyT gave a decent fight, he succumbed to A/C usage (God knows I would do the same if I lived down where he does in Texas!). Steve’s Flower on the other hand is improving by leaps and bounds as of late. I cannot wait to see Steve’s reply as well as his future tank over tanks now that there is a serious challenge to his own fuel economy piloting skills.

___**** that Vette of yours sure is an efficient SOB, isn’t it!

___Also, great last tank and a word for the wise. Never, ever, even if your life depends on it, let another drive your automobile when Hypermiling … The excess fuel they burn might just be your own ;)

___Good Luck and be careful out there.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Stevo12886 09-07-2004 03:49 PM

Wayne,
I really wish last winter handnt pulled down my average so much, i'm looking forward to trying some saving techniques this winter. I'm hoping i can stay out of reach for the Vette, w/ practically no highway and short (5 mile) trips, its gonna be tough. I may just have to take some *random* highway trips to raise it if lakedude gets to close :twisted:
Cheer,
Steven