Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Auto stop

Old 12-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto stop

Does auto stop kick in at all when the heat is on? I am more than happy to bundle up in order for the auto stop to kick in but the problem is the windows get awful foggy. Cracking the windows a bit mitigates this some what but i fear i might be a danger on the road. Any advice kind forum members?

Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Default Re: Auto stop

Not if the temperature is below 40F or so... EXCEPT..... if you follow these instructions.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...light=autostop

Old 12-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Enthusiast

no but i think over the Christmas break it's something i am willing to invest some time in

Old 12-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Enthusiast

great thread thank you. when i first replied i didn't notice the acutal answer but did see the cartoon thingy. you have educated and inspired me thanks again

Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 AM

I live in Toronto, Ontario, where the temperatures are below freezing most of the time. Other than the first ten minutes or so, while the car is still warming up, I have no problems with the auto stop, even with my heat on. I use auto climate with the temperature set at 25 degrees celsius. If I turn the windshield defogger and/or rear window defrost on, then the auto stop doesn't work, but as long as it's just the heater going, no problems.

The same goes for recharging the IMA battery. If I use the defoggers, it's much harder to recharge the battery.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Enthusiast

What kind of hybrid do you have? I have the Honda Civic 2005 and actually my autostop works if i have the rear defrost on-unfortunately i have no such option for the front windshield. What I have been doing-since I find a high mpg reading oh so gratifying-is probably unwise, I bundle up and roll the windows down slightly for city driving so the windows don't fog up and then my autostop works fine but again i don't have the heat on. I live in Boston MA and the temperture can get pretty cool but so far i havent' had any issues. Thanks for the tip though I really would like to be warmer!