Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   Camry Hybrid MPG (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/camry-hybrid-mpg-25491/)

Toss_up 11-21-2010 10:04 AM

Camry Hybrid MPG

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but I am really environmentally consious and I plan on buying a hybrid for my next vehicle within the next 6 months. I have pretty much decided on the Camry Hybrid and have been watching carmax's inventory. I can't afford a brand new camry, so I'm looking for a 2007-2009 model. One thing I noticed was that the 2007 model lists a higher MPG than the 2008 and newer models and I was wondering why is that. I really can't see too much difference in the 07 to the newer models in style, so my main acessory has to be a NAV system and satellite radio. Can anyone give me some feed back on their experience and an explanation on the MPG differences. thanks.

rightforlineup 11-21-2010 04:47 PM

Re: Camry Hybrid MPG

Brian, the mileage change is due to a change in EPA testing procedures. I bought mine when the Consumer Reports article showed test mileage about the same as the new Fusion, but I wanted one that was 1-2 yr old.

I have a '07 TCH I bought with 27K and now have 52K in a year. Most of my tanks are in the 38-42 MPG range, on the road with all the variables right I get 42-45 MPG. worst tanks are when I let my wife drive it in the winter a couple weeks, in the 35 MPG range. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

At the time I thought I really wanted bluetooth phone, but now with the right headphones it doesn't matter; but the bluetooth is nice. Pandora works well plugged in even in off areas for me.

Good luck.

GreenBoy 11-21-2010 10:52 PM

Well, thank you for actually bringing your thoughts here. Hybrid nowadays has a significant role and I'm in no doubt why a lot of people are choosing hybrid over the other. I've heard that Camry Hybrid is doing well although I haven't tried that one. Oh by the way, I think this site will help you at least ===> http://shop4joy.com/fastphp.php?sear...mry-hybrid-mpg

rightforlineup 11-22-2010 05:18 AM

go spam somewhere else greenboy

GeorgiaHybrid 11-22-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by rightforlineup (Post 229825)
go spam somewhere else greenboy

+1 on this. Your BS posts have driven me away from everything but Camry discussions on this site. Don't screw that up too.

rightforlineup 11-22-2010 05:45 AM

GA Hybrid does better than me - my long term avg is about 39 mpg. The gauge typically shows about 1 mpg better than actual as calculated. Owning a car with good instrumentation will make you much more aware how highway mileage is decreases with speed; it falls off rapidly above 60 mph. There are a lot of little tricks to maximize your mileage, when I'm driving for business sometimes I do them and sometimes I don't bother.

GreenBoy 11-22-2010 03:41 PM

Hey rightforlineup and GeorgiaHybrid. For one I'm not a spammer so I don't think I should be called that way. Second, we are all here to participate and interact so why are you two have to throw that kind of accusation. That's offensive because my post is not BS!

GeorgiaHybrid 11-22-2010 04:45 PM

GreenBoy,

I call them as I see them. Out of your 200+ posts I would be hard pressed to find ONE post with any redeeming value. They are, for the most part, pure Bull $hit and I'm old enough to not care whether your "feelings" get hurt by saying it. If you don't like the truth, leave.

You don't own a hybrid, keep planning on "buying" one, have opinions from the left side of the moon and I get tired of seeing them. The only reason I am posting here and not on the Camry forum is that the OP asked a question about the Camry and yet you gave him an answer with NO experience whatsoever about the vehicle.

Go back to posting on your "water" burning car and perpetual motion vehicles in the other forums. You seem to fit in there a little better.

evois 11-22-2010 06:27 PM

no flaming guys or else you all will get an infraction. for greenboy, please post on-topic response. all of their complaints are not without merit-most of your post are off-topic at best.

rightforlineup 11-22-2010 06:32 PM

adios