Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Can't create a 2009 vehicle in the database?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Can't create a 2009 vehicle in the database?

Hi,

I wish I had better news to report.

Clicking On 'Garage'

I find these vehicles listed:
2008 American Motors Other basic (E-bike)
2003 Prius (Prius 03)
1993 Coachman Class B (Holly_RV)
2001 Toyota Echo (Echo 01)
2003 Prius (Prius 03)
I only have one 2003 Prius but two entries? This is confusing. But I found an interesting tag at the bottom these pages with a link titled "Mileage Database." (see attached jpg.)

This link brings up the original database page including individual vehicle summaries. You can then click on the group your vehicle is in and then find your original vehicle tank records.

NOW BACK IT UP!

Cut and Paste Method

Once you have all of your tank records on the screen, select the database entries and copy. Then into either a text editor or a spreadsheet, paste. With excel I get all of the primary fields but missing are the entry dates and notes.

Source HTML Method

Use your browser function to bring up "show source." This text includes the date and notes information embedded in the Java script and HTML. Save it! The raw text can be parsed using a spreadsheet or other code to extract all fields of your original entry. However, there is no known, open source service for doing this.

If you'd like some help on the second method, send me a PM and we'll see what can be done. Truth be told, I'm as much in the dark about this new database as everyone else.

Bob Wilson

Attached Thumbnails Can't create a 2009 vehicle in the database?-mileage_database.jpg  

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-08-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

I guess I'm lucky that my '09 TCH is only three months old and I keep a log of all gas purchases, mileage, etc. so it won't take me too long to set it up again.

Got to say this is cool website - keep up the good work!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Bob,

After looking through the new database, I have come to the conclusion that we have been hosed. While editing my car, under "models", the Camry is there but no Hybrid model. Timeslips??? Did we join a racing database??? Transmission type "automatic" or "manual" how about our "Variable" transmissions?

Under modifications, why don't they add a column for the rest of the world that keeps "timing slips" Ask that bunch what modified driving habits that they employ? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my performance cars also but not with hybrid, mileage oriented, vehicles.

Is it time to start up another site? The reason that I am here instead of cleanmpg was the database being easy to read, listed by car, capable of being sorted by miles per gallon or total miles driven and didn't take a rocket scientist to use. It was easy, clean and understandable.

I won't EVEN comment about the other vehicles on the new database. F150 trucks, Honda Odyssey vans, Cadillac STS, Mazda RX7, Toyota Tacoma 4x4's, etc. are NOT my idea of what this board should be. If this is the direction we are headed, I guess I will need to find a new home. I can think of other terms to use when describing the new database but I prefer to leave a site on my own accord instead of being banned.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sigh, the "Garage" is junk. I have now saved and printed my old listing.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
. . .
After looking through the new database, I have come to the conclusion . . .
It sure is different.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Bob,

After looking through the new database, I have come to the conclusion that we have been hosed. While editing my car, under "models", the Camry is there but no Hybrid model. Timeslips??? Did we join a racing database??? Transmission type "automatic" or "manual" how about our "Variable" transmissions?

Under modifications, why don't they add a column for the rest of the world that keeps "timing slips" Ask that bunch what modified driving habits that they employ? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my performance cars also but not with hybrid, mileage oriented, vehicles.

Is it time to start up another site? The reason that I am here instead of cleanmpg was the database being easy to read, listed by car, capable of being sorted by miles per gallon or total miles driven and didn't take a rocket scientist to use. It was easy, clean and understandable.

I won't EVEN comment about the other vehicles on the new database. F150 trucks, Honda Odyssey vans, Cadillac STS, Mazda RX7, Toyota Tacoma 4x4's, etc. are NOT my idea of what this board should be. If this is the direction we are headed, I guess I will need to find a new home. I can think of other terms to use when describing the new database but I prefer to leave a site on my own accord instead of being banned.
Bob,

Well, I found a Specialized Sirrus Comp. A bicycle.
Do we need criteria for using the data base?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by centrider
. . .
Well, I found a Specialized Sirrus Comp. A bicycle.
Do we need criteria for using the data base?
Sorry, not my department. I'm baffled too.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Sorry, not my department. I'm baffled too.

Bob Wilson
I Understand what the hoo-ha is about. Can't enter any data. I thought this was a problem for newcomers. But - does it extend across the db?

So, who designed this monster? What's the expression engineers use?

If it's not broken, don't fix it?

Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Centrider,

I think the technical term you are looking for to describe the new database is "fubar".

Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 AM

Centrider,

I think the technical term you are looking for to describe the new database is "fubar".
Thanks. I'm at a loss for words, it seems.

Ah well, I'll just hang onto my receipts and hope things finally recover. Can't imagine why this monster was built when the original served us all well.

"Garage" indeed. "Junkyard" works better.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to: "Can't create a 2009 vehicle database."

Quick Reply: Can't create a 2009 vehicle in the database?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands