Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   Database Bug (Not fatal!) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/database-bug-not-fatal-510/)

Jason 05-23-2004 05:25 PM

There is a small database bug that appears to selectively remove certain cars with lifetime mileage figures from the database. Not to worry -- the data is still in the actual base but it just not displayed. I can manually fix all of these, which I am now doing, but I need to find the source of the problem so that vehicles do not simply disappear :)

If you happen to encounter this bug with your own car, please let me know!

Jason 05-23-2004 05:33 PM

Here are the member ID names of those with cars experiencing this error:

I have fixed them manually and am now searching for the source of the problem.

xcel 05-23-2004 06:36 PM

Hi Jason:

___I was wondering where all the new Insight’s w/ overrides disappeared to today? I see them now so hopefully all is OK?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Jason 05-23-2004 06:56 PM

Okay, well the bug should be 100% fixed. I added a little code so that at the top of every mileage page, it re-checks that those with overrides display properly. Basically, I didn't locate the problem (because I didn't know where it was!) but instead took a shortcut.

I know I still have one thing to do: make sure that people must enter BOTH distance and mileage if they try to override. That was messing some things up :)

Jason 06-08-2004 10:08 PM

So you know, there's an interesting problem with the server, it appears. A "4" is added to the end of all the mileage figures. It's not in my code. I promise! :D I'll be getting ahold of the host when I can.

xcel 06-09-2004 01:05 AM

Hi Jason:

___Keep up the great work!

___You may also want to look at the way Greenhybrid sends cookies to IE 6.0.x. I have tried in vain to use “View New Posts” as my quick link but it doesn’t give me the updated new posts :( It may be my end as I have my security settings a bit high as well but www.AcuraMDX.org comes through with its “all new posts” link as expected.

___And don’t forget to back up that real mileage database … again ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net