Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Database Bug (Not fatal!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Site Founder

There is a small database bug that appears to selectively remove certain cars with lifetime mileage figures from the database. Not to worry -- the data is still in the actual base but it just not displayed. I can manually fix all of these, which I am now doing, but I need to find the source of the problem so that vehicles do not simply disappear

If you happen to encounter this bug with your own car, please let me know!

Old 05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Site Founder

Here are the member ID names of those with cars experiencing this error:

I have fixed them manually and am now searching for the source of the problem.

Old 05-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I was wondering where all the new Insight’s w/ overrides disappeared to today? I see them now so hopefully all is OK?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Site Founder

Okay, well the bug should be 100% fixed. I added a little code so that at the top of every mileage page, it re-checks that those with overrides display properly. Basically, I didn't locate the problem (because I didn't know where it was!) but instead took a shortcut.

I know I still have one thing to do: make sure that people must enter BOTH distance and mileage if they try to override. That was messing some things up

Old 06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Site Founder

So you know, there's an interesting problem with the server, it appears. A "4" is added to the end of all the mileage figures. It's not in my code. I promise! I'll be getting ahold of the host when I can.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___Keep up the great work!

___You may also want to look at the way Greenhybrid sends cookies to IE 6.0.x. I have tried in vain to use “View New Posts” as my quick link but it doesn’t give me the updated new posts It may be my end as I have my security settings a bit high as well but www.AcuraMDX.org comes through with its “all new posts” link as expected.

___And don’t forget to back up that real mileage database … again

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net