Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Don't Buy A Honda Civic Hyrbid, here's why:

Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Don't Buy A Honda Civic Hyrbid, here's why:

I'm happy with mine - and will continue with Honda. Mine has been great! If you really want problems that make yours appear insignificant - buy a VW!!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
www.disczones.com

I have the 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid with all myriad of problems that Freeway Honda won't fix under warranty. I will NEVER buy another Honda again. I've been a loyal Honda buyer for over 15 years, but their recent quality control issues and lack of customer service reminds me of those crappy Ford's built back in the eighties. I applaud Honda for losing this faithful customer of so many years.

Toyota/Lexus, you now have a new customer!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry ! to hear about your trouble, that kind of milage is very poor.This is so bad experience for you.
But still it's not the end ,you can say it's a very bad moment of your life.

used automobile dealers

Old 09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

So far, no hybrid car has been anywhere near as cost effective as extreme aeromodding a tall-geared non-hybrid car. For $400 in materials cost I aeromodded my 92 Civic CX, raising its average mileage to 68mpg, and the resultant fuel savings paid for the aeromods in less than 5 months. Recently I spent another $1000 to install a lean burn engine and now have a 4-seat car that even the Insight-I would be hard pressed to match the mileage of (83mpg and 76mpg in interstate driving for the 2 tanks since installing the new engine and remaining in lean burn at speeds of over 75mph). I now have over 500,000 miles on the car, with it on its 3rd engine with no worries about IMA battery recals or any of the other maintainance problems unique to hybrids.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

I get 71 MPG (imperial) 60+ MPG US in mine, enough said.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Enthusiast

You are not the only one with this problem. There is a class action lawsuit, but I don't think it deals with the real problem.

They are treating the issue to be low gas mileage, which is common. I see the issue as a defective IMA that I can't get fixed.

I had good mileage to start with as well and was pleased. Then came the sudden drop off. I only want them to correct the issue. And if they can't, own up to it and offer a reasonable solution.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

Maybe there is some lubrication problem in the engine or something similar that causes additional friction and reduces mileage. Cough.. Cough.. I'm not a mechanic or expert in cars but that is something coming to my mind. Or possibly, like others say, the software side might have the problem too.

Regards,
H Gro..

http://blog.HybridCarGurus.com