Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Ford Excursion/Hummer Subsidiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Ford Excursion/Hummer Subsidiser

Heck, I'd be borderline capable of handling this rationing.

46 mpg x .75 gallons = 34.5 miles. My commute, one-way is at least that!
I can usually get 50 mpg on my commute, though, so I could probably get TO work. I'd have to stay overnight, then return on my .75 gallons the NEXT day! After a week, I'd have enough extra gas to probably make the round-trip in a single day.

However:
I DO work from home 2 of the 5 work-days each week (usually).
So my 70-mile round-trip x 3 trips a week = 210 miles a week.
7 days x .75 gallons a day = 5.25 gallons a week allotment.
210 miles / 5.25 gallons = 40 mpg. Even using a little gas each non-commute day to get another .75 gallons of gas, I CAN do this.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Excursion/Hummer Subsidiser

Though you know I am getting a LOT better gas mileage than they are. I see them putting $60-80 in their humungous tanks, and the most I put in is $30 worth. You know I am going at least 2 maybe 3 times farther than they are as well. I sometimes do say things to them. "Hey too bad you don't have a small car like this." Even though that might be intentional baiting no one ever says anything bad back. Sometimes they even agree with me. But you know they aren't going to do it. It must be because I don't have a label of hybrid on there. I don't know why they need these cars, because you know most of them dont' have 6 kids or go mountain climbing. (My car is just fine on the mountains for what its worth.)

100,000 mile Corolla gal (hey woulda made a nice log in-- 100miCorollagal)

--des