Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Fuelly.com & FuelFrog.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Fuelly.com & FuelFrog.com

I'm something of an MPG tracking geek (OK, so I'm just a geek overall) so I've used both FuelFrog.com (@FuelFrog on Twitter.com) and today I just completed importing all my GreenHybrid.com MPG data to Fuelly.com (@Fuelly on Twitter.com).

I'm loving Fuelly.com and wish I'd been tracking the price per gallon over the course of my mileage tracking, but alas, I haven't. I might try to pull in an average from gasbuddy.com for my area at some point, but that would just be a SWAG (Stupid Wise Acre Guess... cleaned that up for the kids.)

Anyway, anyone else using or have used either?

I'm not happy with FuelFrog and have pretty much abandoned it. GreenHybrid.com I continue to use, but Fuelly.com is a new favorite I have to say.

* Fuelly.com account: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ageekmom/escape

Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Fuelly.com & FuelFrog.com

Have you compared it to the tracking system at:

www.fueleconomy.gov

It is interesting that so many web sites have started to copy the mileage database GreenHybrid made famous. I have to confess, it will take a lot of 'value added engineering' to get me to switch. Absent a 'total cost of ownership' model and one that includes oil and other detailed, supporting engineering data, none of the others have enough value for me to change.

Bob Wilson

Old 10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fuelly.com & FuelFrog.com

Haven't really used the one on fueleconomy.gov. Have loved the charting and ability to include lifetime MPG graphic GreenHybrid.com generates but fuelly.com exports & imports CSV files (comma delimited files, easily created in text editor and/or spreadsheet software like Excel or OpenOffice), RSS feed (this is a big one for me), etc. The new launch of GreenHybrid's DB may do some of this, or maybe does some of it already, but if the latter it's not been as intuitive/accessible as I find fuelly.com to be thus far.

That said, I'm updating GH with each fuel-up still and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. For one, I want my hybrid counted among the masses of other hybrids as a benchmark/data point. :-)