Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Gasoline quality

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gasoline quality

refiners who were normally required to make reformulated gasoline (lower emissions) =ethanol which raises octane and dilutes gasoline.

were temporarily allowed to cut some corners so they could produce more gallons of gasoline from each barrel of crude oil.=how do you make more gallons of gasoline per barrel of crude oil by cutting corners? It seems to me if you add detergents and what ever else is put into gasoline, you are diluting the gasoline slightly, thus making more gallons of gas per barrel of crude oil.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Gasoline quality

Now that most our stations are pumping the 10% blend I've noticed a 2-4MPG loss in my mileage. If they go to the 15% blend, the Gov't is pushing for next year, what will the additional loss per MPG be. Oh but wait...food prices will go up becuase of the diverted corn and more taxes go to the State and Federal Govt's as you will be using more fuel and they get a good portion of their tax dollars from the sale of fuel.

Oh wait... they think we are idiots and didn't figure this out.... the only idiotic thing we do is to keep voting these true idiots into office.