Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

great mileage day!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 PM
my other car is a FJORD
Default great mileage day!

today things were all in my favor on my favorite backroads drive to the barn where i board my horse. i filled up, and the tank got 59.7.......that was enough for a good day, but it got better.

the first few miles out of town (town being about 7000 people, so we aren't talking major city here) are 30MPH.....i wasn't paying attention to the readout until i glanced down and it read 92.7! and i held that for 2.5 miles......

the rest of the trip i drove about 45, and amazingly every time i saw a car behind me and figured i would have to speed up, it turned off. so, in spite of a couple of long uphills, i got to the barn with the readout at 70MPG.

coming home i battled a really stiff cross wind. i am not sure what is up with the weather, but lately it's been constantly windy, and not just quiet breezes, i am talking flag snapping winds. i still managed to maintain all the way home, and pulled in the driveway at 69.2 MPG.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:44 AM
HypoFueler
Default Re: great mileage day!

I bet if you had hitched your horse to your HCH2 for the last mile or so you would have nailed 70mpg - though towing the horse probably would have hurt those great numbers...

Yep weather seems to be a big wild card - had a tailwind last week and got a record 66mpg coming home (37 mi) versus 55-61 mpg typically.