Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   honda 2003 catalytic converter replacement (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/honda-2003-catalytic-converter-replacement-15742/)

mphillips 10-24-2007 06:29 AM

honda 2003 catalytic converter replacement

I need to replace my rear cat converter. Although I live in MD the existing cat conv meets CA emissions. The dealer price is about $1000. Online DEC model HON1685 is only $222. But will it fit my car as it is not for california emissions? Does anyone have experience with this model?

kerpal 10-24-2007 10:33 PM

Re: honda 2003 catalytic converter replacement

I don't have some... But I suggest you get another quotation... The one that you have is a bit pricey

suly 08-05-2009 05:29 PM

I was just charged $800, and that is 50% off! The dealer gracouly gave me 50% off. Stupid me trusted the dealer I have been seeing for 7 years. Went home to check some paper work because I recalled having this repaced previously and when I said this to the Service Adviser, he check the computer, where all my service records are. He told me I had the recall sensor work done. At home I found the repair of the catalytic converter, called him stating this had been replaced 15 months ago, he gave me some line about checking with someone, called back and stated they would not take any more off; they were already giving me 50% off in that why aren't you grateful attitute. I have the 2003 Honda Accord, which I believe has a major flaw effecting the performance of the catalytic converter. Good Luck! And if every in AZ avoid Camelback Honda! PS This occured on monday, the friday before I had my 90000 mile services done, plus replaced belts and small stuff and was charge $1700!

kennedyusa 08-28-2009 05:37 PM

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective

calcul credit immobilier courtier taux simulation de france pretUne simulation credit immobiler de France a faire un pret.calcul credit immobilier courtier taux simulation de france pret

rainandsun 07-08-2011 09:25 PM

sorry for bumping out this old thread. actually i think i already experienced that thing you are talking about. well it will just depends on the emission test center. try to check out this Los Angeles auto repair shops, Honda Kiyoko located at 11969 Iowa Ave APT 5, Los Angeles. well i just want to share this experience.