Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Increase Fuel Mileage and reduce Emissions

Old 01-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Increase Fuel Mileage and reduce Emissions

Is anyone interested in getting even better gas mileage in their hybrid as well as cut the emissions from the tailpipe 75% to 80%?!? If you are interested, let me know. I have been testing in my fleet of 8 vehicles and getting at least the results that they say you will get.

Last edited by smdickens; 01-21-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Increase Fuel Mileage and reduce Emissions

No thanks. I'm getting what is expected so I'm pretty happy. Besides, Alabama has no vehicle inspection requirement.

However, you might check with some of the large SUV/truck forums. I'm sure they would be very interested.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smdickens
Is anyone interested in getting even better gas mileage in their hybrid as well as cut the emissions from the tailpipe 75% to 80%?!? If you are interested, let me know. I have been testing in my fleet of 8 vehicles and getting at least the results that they say you will get.
Bob pretty much has said it.

I think you had better give more information. You're sounding like a scam.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

My two cents. We are all interested in getting better mileage, but you really do sound like a scam. If you have actual information I'm sure we would all love to hear it.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:16 PM

Right. Let's get real here:

What vehicles are you talking about. What results would that be? And do you know what results, "they" say I will get?

More to the point. . . You must think we all just fell off the the turnip truck.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast

The problem is, that I am in retail business as well, and know how careful one has to be. Everyone always thinks scam or skeptic. Don't get me wrong, I am a skeptic also, but I also try new things as well as the research. I don't listen to someone else telling me it is a scam. It does not matter the vehicle, as long as it has a combustion engine. It will not work with natural gas or propane conversions. But it does work equally well with diesel or gasoline. If you are interested in the product here is the link to the website. If you are not, then no worries. www.smdickens.myffi.biz I have turned all of my family and friends and many of my customers onto this. But before I did, I checked it myself for 6 months. Now I am just looking for ways to let as many people know about it.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

First, you almost lost me completely with the self-launching video on the home page. I don't like that and I generally tend to navigate immediately away from sites that do that. Let me choose what I want to watch and hear.

But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, I persisted. Frankly, I'm a skeptic too. In my mind, skeptics fall into one of two categories: closed-minded, who will never be convinced despite the facts; and open-minded, who will be convinced with the facts. I consider myself more the latter. So I need facts.

In particular, where are citations for the "extensive scientific testing" referred to? What were the methods? Has it been carefully controlled? Has it been subjected to a peer review process? Have study results been published in a reputable journal? Has it been independently conducted or validated by someone without a vested interest in the success of the product's marketing or the company's success?

Until you can satisfy me that it has been tested objectively, thoroughly, and convincingly using the scientific method, I remain skeptical about a product that resembles, is packaged, and is marketed like something that supposedly will enhance my manhood by 50%.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by JimboK
First, you almost lost me completely with the self-launching video on the home page. I don't like that and I generally tend to navigate immediately away from sites that do that. Let me choose what I want to watch and hear.

But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, I persisted. Frankly, I'm a skeptic too. In my mind, skeptics fall into one of two categories: closed-minded, who will never be convinced despite the facts; and open-minded, who will be convinced with the facts. I consider myself more the latter. So I need facts.

In particular, where are citations for the "extensive scientific testing" referred to? What were the methods? Has it been carefully controlled? Has it been subjected to a peer review process? Have study results been published in a reputable journal? Has it been independently conducted or validated by someone without a vested interest in the success of the product's marketing or the company's success?

Until you can satisfy me that it has been tested objectively, thoroughly, and convincingly using the scientific method, I remain skeptical about a product that resembles, is packaged, and is marketed like something that supposedly will enhance my manhood by 50%.
I would certainly be interested if the product could do all it says in addition to the manhood enhancement. Probably by inhaling the exhaust, do you think?

Last edited by centrider; 01-22-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Add comment
Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Engineering first

Hi,

. . . I am in retail business . . . I am a skeptic . . . I don't listen to someone else telling me it is a scam.
This does not bode well for a dialog that entails engineering.

. . . It does not matter the vehicle, as long as it has a combustion engine. It will not work with natural gas or propane conversions. But it does work equally well with diesel or gasoline.
So it must require access to a liquid fuel.

. . . If you are interested in the product here is the link to the website. If you are not, then no worries. www.smdickens.myffi.biz
I'm always interested in potential Nobel Prize ideas that have managed to elude everyone until now. So with the audio turned off, I found two products prominently described in the web page:
  • ECO-SHEEN - "saturated with positively charged ions, that chemically (ionically) adhere to the negative surfaces of the vehicle . . . enhanced with . . . wax which protect the vehicle's . . . surface. From the claimed 'Material Safety Data Sheet', "This Product is an Oil/Water/Sealant Emulsion."
  • FFi - dissolves in fuel and during combustion, coats all exposed surfaces and "inhibits the transfer of radiant heat," "polished surface effect," "catalytic reaction," "inhibits . . . deposits," and "reduces . . . formation of nitrogen oxides." No SAE or other peer reviewed engineering study is cited.
Surface treatments, especially high temperature surface treatments, are done in controlled environments using plasma, chemical or electrical deposition of controlled amounts to a prepared, 'bare metal' surface. However, this product does not require the engine be disassembled and the parts treated with any of the well known, surface treatment systems.

True catalysts are put on surfaces with a high surface area so the gas can come in contact and react. However, this combustion chamber coating is at best a small surface area, adjacent to the cylinder head and piston in an area that the surface tends to quench combustion. Worse, we are always concerned about compounds that may coat the surface of the catalytic convert and render them inert.

The absence of chemical analysis and formulas does not inspire confidence. A patent can easily handle protection of intellectual property rights but none is cited. In fact, a patent allows companies to be open about their products and secrecy is the signature of something not good.

. . . I have turned all of my family and friends and many of my customers onto this. But before I did, I checked it myself for 6 months. Now I am just looking for ways to let as many people know about it.
Sad to say but this is how many multi-level marketing schemes work. Randy Ray and Wendy Lewis claim, "Today, FFi has grown from its fledgling stage to more than 200,000 distributors operating worldwide in 215 countries and territories." This is the signature of multi-level marketing schemes, not a serious engineering effort.

There was a similar program setup by "Bioperformance" and it also ended badly:

http://mlm.business-opportunities.bi...ioperformance/

My recommendation is this opportunity is lost in this community. The hard-core "green" folks and advocates work from empirical data. But if you need new 'distributors,' I would recommend going to hybrid skeptic sites. Those folks are always in need of something to make their vehicles out perform ours.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 01-23-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Enthusiast

And that is why my last post said what it said. The engineering, testing and data are all there. I am not looking for "new distributors", but rather letting as many more people know about a product that does indeed work. The man that came up with the formula started using it in the '70's. There are more than 20 million miles of double blinds tests, the number one expert in combustion, Jerry Lang, has done extensive testing on his own, the EPA has registered it as a non harmful product and multiple government agencies around the world are using it. It is interesting to me that a couple of guys on a forum think that they know the anwers by reading a couple of lines about a product, when the product has already been proven. If you want to disprove it, I implore you to do so, just as Mr. Lang tried to do. He spent huge amounts of money to disprove it, and now is one of its biggest advocates. Buy the pills and take them to a lab and have them tested. It will cost you less than $21. If you can prove that it is a "scam" I would love to know. But if you find that it does indeed work as has already been proven, how much nicer would it be to get better fuel mileage in your cars and help with the emissions problems. After all, isn't that why we are driving hybrids in the first place?? As for the "multi level marketing scheme" as you put it, no one is trying to hide the fact that FFI has been set up as a network marketing company. Randy Ray did this purposefully. There is no other proven way to market a company or its product faster than network marketing. It is true, most Americans are scared of "multi-level marketing" companys. I too remember the days of Am-Way, but what you fail to realize, that no matter what you do or what you buy, you are involved in "multi-level" marketing. Does anyone shop at Wal-Mart?? If you do then you making the guy at the top, Sam Walton, more money than the employee at the counter. Some of you will take that literally and some will see what I am meaning. I don't have the time to explain that any further. I am not trying to convince anyone of a scam, and if you don't want to give it a try, then don't. I am, however, attempting to give you the means to help. Help your gas mileage, help your environment and maybe, if you are lucky, help your pocket as well. This is not the only forum that I have posted on. So don't be surprised if you see the same listing on others. Many people know that network marketing is the fastest way to get a product to the public just like many of us know that forums are a quick way to reach people. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Increase Fuel Mileage and reduce Emissions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands